General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

NEW TO HONDA NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Default NEW TO HONDA NEED HELP

Looking into purchasing a honda,
I have a friend who is offering mea 92eg hatch, with:
LS swap (NO AC), about 80K
ek front end conversion (best part)
Gsr break conversion, Gsr exhaust,
Tenzo R racing seats,
Kenwood Cd Player
NEW toyo proxies with new black rims/chrome lip
carbon hood/carbon original Spoon wing
OBX header
Autometer tach
5% all around
and i believe intake but not sure
THE BADS: Car salvage title, craked windshield, ding in driverside mirror, currently in Kansas, oviously needs A/C
He is asking 4500 firm I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: NEW TO HONDA NEED HELP

Tell your friend to stop smoking crack (no offense). I wouldn't buy that car, I'd look for another one. If I had to buy the car, I wouldn't pay a dime over $1000. $4500 is ridiculous for a 92 Hatch. LS swaps are not that great, its not a very expensive motor. Its a SALVAGE title, big problem. It is pretty hard to sell a car with a salvage title. The salvage title is an instant deal breaker forme personally. At that price, its ridiculous. If I saw a posting for that car on Craig's List, I wouldn't even bother to low ball and low balling on Craig's List is a past time of mine.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the input, I've heard that the EK front end conversion it has is pretty rare how factual is that? he says that alone cost him like 2k's and he spent 1k on the gsr break conversion.Here in Houston I've never seenan ekfront end on an eg

Old 03-23-2008, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

Often times, people will mod thier cars and spend much more money on them than the car is worth. When they turn around and sell the car, they want a ridiculous amount for it. Look at the thread in Off Topic. Some guy is asking $15,000 for a modded civic. These people live in La La land, they think that thier car is sick and people will flock to buy it. The fact of the matter is that the market for thier car is very limited. Most people look at the car and don't like it and certainly will not pay the premium price the seller is asking. Furthermore, the salvage title is a big problem. It is very hard to sell salvage titled cars. They have been totaled, so it is uknown how safe the car is. For this reason, salvage titled cars have drastically lower values that original titled cars. An EG Hatch is worth $3000, probably less. A salvage is worth even less.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:15 PM
HCF Member

92 is a little too old I think. Years do a lot of damage to the car, I'd rather have a newer car with more miles than an old car with less miles.