General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New wheels... what do you guys think?

Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

say no to badges

good deal on the wheels

Old 03-10-2009, 01:51 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Um, where did that come from? Nike was saying some red badges would look good, and I do like the JDM Type-R badges. No one had anything to say about coil-overs, are you just trying to get my thread off topic? The Honda emblem is the only emblem that I plan on keeping on my car, for the record.

Last edited by jwmm04; 03-10-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

Actually, I like the car with the Rotas better. Stock wheels are... well... they're stock wheels. Congrats on a good buy and your car doesn't look bad (nice color, BTW). If that's the looks you like - then more power to ya and enjoy it (again, it doesn't suck in the least).

'Type-R' badges on non-Type-R cars are: "t3h Ric3"

(actually, any badges of the like on non-equipped cars scream 'Ricer') Sorry - but you asked for opinions.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:06 PM
HCF Member

I like wheels, and i like the car, but i won't if you get pepboys looking red badges.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Wow, you guys really don't like the look of the Type-R badges? I think they look pretty good; I like anything Type-R, lips, emblems, wings (actually, I really don't like wings at all, but certain Type-R's are okay), wheels, you name it. So you're saying Type-R badges on anything not equipped is Ricer? Well, what about everyone with Type-R lips? I don't think they're ricer at all; Type-R lips are one of my favorite lip kits. And I wasn't talking about some cheap Auto-Zone emblem, I meant something decent.

I do somewhat agree with what you're saying Type RB, I just really hated the fact that they were spray painted, and I've always loved the Si wheels. If they weren't painted or at least in decent shape, I definitely would have stuck with the Rota's. But thanks for the opinions everyone!

Last edited by jwmm04; 03-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jwmm04
Wow, you guys really don't like the look of the Type-R badges? I think they look pretty good; I like anything Type-R, lips, emblems, wings (actually, I really don't like wings at all, but certain Type-R's are okay), wheels, you name it. So you're saying Type-R badges on anything not equipped is Ricer? Well, what about everyone with Type-R lips? I don't think they're ricer at all; Type-R lips are one of my favorite lip kits. And I wasn't talking about some cheap Auto-Zone emblem, I meant something decent.
Some people have different tastes. And as for the whole 'type-r' dilemma, that's just not using logic. And if someone doesn't like it, that doesn't mean it is ricer. Everyone on this board is practically a ricer because it doesn't have a real definition.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 AM
HCF Member

look at justinwebb's civic you cant say the blue emblem isnt bad *** on his car lol same concept

Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
look at justinwebb's civic you cant say the blue emblem isnt bad *** on his car lol same concept
Lol, funny that you mention that, I like his car, it reminds me of how mine was, but that emblem is the only thing i don't like about it.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:53 AM
August 2010 ROTM

I was thinking, it is a little similar how ricers like anything that says JDM on ebay, and how I like anything Type-R. I still think the red badges would look decent, though...

Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 AM
HCF Member

I mean, don't take it the wrong, I just don't like them, period. That does mean I think they're 'ricer'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New wheels... what do you guys think?