General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

newbie (just wanted to let you know me a little)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Default newbie (just wanted to let you know me a little)

hey all, i'm new here. I drive a 2000 civic ex w/ several mods.....front body kit (didn't like the sideskirts or rear valance), full si suspension, sport line lowering springs, aem CAI, straight through exhaust (not as loud as you'd expect, mostly deep, si spoiler, neoprene on the seats (black/blue) car is white by-the-way, 17's w/ kumho ecsta low pros (a friend gave me as a gift when i bought my car). i will have some pics up soon, but it's going to be raining for the next week here so it will be a little while. just so you know, i'm rice by no means, i just like my ride to look good. this is my 9 car since i was 16 i'm now 19, i've owned everything from a camaro to an echo. i am a mechanic, i have 3 ASE certifications, and can help w/ most technical questions. well, thanks for listening and i hope to get to know some of you.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Default RE: newbie (just wanted to let you know me a little)

Welcome! 9 cars? You have gone though 9 cars or u just buy a car then get sick of it then sell it?

Old 06-12-2005, 01:44 AM

exactly, it's just the way i am, i started w/ an 87 grand am 5sp 2dr, got bored w/ it and upgraded, i just fixed the car up a little, and sold it for twice as much as i bought it for, then bought my camaro, and things have just been going that way since.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:50 AM

Thats cool. Ca't get bored with a civic though there just to awesome... haha. They do have alos of options though... like you can do alot of diffrent thing. From swaps to shfter ****.... i am bias so don't tell me other wise

Old 06-12-2005, 01:56 AM

no, i love my civic, i think i'm gonna be usin it for a long time. it's even faster than what i would have originally thought a civic could be. i used to burn em all day long in my camaro, even in my olds, but now that i'm driving one, i'd say the only reason they got burned by the olds was the civic's drivers.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 AM

i just recently added to my civic a vented VIS carbon fiber hood, and solar projector halo headlamps.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:05 AM

Nice! I have not done to much to mine, just yet. I plan on doing alot though. I guess that goes without saying every one plans on doing stuff haha. I live in canada, Saskatchewn. so it's a little harder for me to get stuff due to that i have to get most things shipping in to shipping screws me over... pop in saskatchewan is like almost 1 mil and land wise we are the alot bigger then japan. so... there are on alot on import shops.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:10 AM

yea, i'm going to be doing a lot more to mine shortly, i just signed up for the airforce, so i'm waiting for my job to come open, in which case i will be spoiling my civic to the most extreme extent possible, and i'm sorry you live in canada.......always putting fake bacon on my pizza j/k

Old 06-12-2005, 02:14 AM

here's a question for you. i've been trying to find info on swapping the throttle body from an automatic ex onto my standard ex b/c i've heard they're a little bigger and will be a direct fit, just wondering if you've heard anything about that before?

Old 06-12-2005, 02:20 AM

Sorry, not sure. but i can't see why they would be unless it's a diffrent engine... But i have a older civic. don't know to much about your modal. i have a 5th gen

Quick Reply: newbie (just wanted to let you know me a little)