General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

The Official Un-Pimping Of Mobsta's Ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:31 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: The Official Un-Pimping Of Mobsta's Ride

lol pete. Your a funny guy. good luck with the un-pimping

Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

How can you un-pimp something that never was pimp?
haha ouch. i honestly liked the car except the wing. stock si wing would look great. love the doors, rims and lights, but a lip is probly better then whole bumpers. good luck bro!

Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

How can you un-pimp something that never was pimp?
lol Ouch.

Anywho...
Rims and taillights got here at about 12 while I was still at school. It was like x-mas came early when I got home,but then I remembered I paid for them.

Name:  16inSpoonReplicas.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  24.9 KB
Name:  Dragemblem.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  25.8 KB
Name:  Dragrims.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  31.7 KB
Name:  Nittotires.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  23.8 KB
Name:  SiTailights.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  34.2 KB

The rims aren't actually going to go on until summer because I don't want to chance messing them up, steel rims will be replacing the 18" rims here in a week or two.

I have a question about my taillights, my clears look like they only have one light in each housing (total of 4) and my si replicas have a place for 2 in each (total of 8). But I was looking at them in the dark so I'm not sure. I'm guessing I need to buy all new lights, anyone know where to get them. Surely advance auto would have them but I don't like going there because they have no f-ing idea what they are talking about so I have to know exactly what I need. I hope I don't have to re-wire the lights also, that would be a pain in the *** since it is snowing outside.

I also think I changed my mind about the lips too, I think I want mugen style lips instead of type r's because you can barely evennotice there is a lip with the type r's. I was also looking for some fog lights and the only place I can find some that fit my 96-98 is on ebay and I would rather buy them somewhere else, anyone want to hook me up with a link?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Stinky Administrator

very nice tony can't wait to see the final result. where did you get your wheels?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man
I was also looking for some fog lights and the only place I can find some that fit my 96-98 is on ebay and I would rather buy them somewhere else, anyone want to hook me up with a link?
Are you talking about the OEM square and circle fogs? You can try passwordjdm ones, here are the square and here are the circle ones.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

okay finally time for an update.

Peg, I got my wheels from www.discounttiredirect.com They still probably aren't going on for another month

I don't know if I want fog lights now either, I kind of like the look of it without them but maybe I will get them later on. As things have went I decided to start a nitrous project also as some of you might have seen that thread, well it took up all my other money so I don't have the money left for the coilovers now so it will not be lowered for awhile.

Okay, on to the pictures (sorry they are a bit smaller this time):
Rear almost done, Si replica taillights installed, stock bumber, and no park bench on the back. I will install the rear lip when I change the wheels because that will give me more room for the drill.
Name:  nowingsitaillights.jpg
Size:  17.8 KB
I also ordered a new vanity plate but it hasn't gotten here yet.

No more lambos: (I must admit... I still kind of miss them)
Name:  nomorelambos.jpg
Size:  12.0 KB

Stock Front Bumber w/mugen style lip:
Name:  mugenstylelipinstalledjan27th2008.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  6.4 KB
Name:  mugenstylelip4.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  9.8 KB
Name:  mugenstylelip3.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  9.4 KB
Name:  mugenstylelip2.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  10.1 KB
Name:  mugenstylelip1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  9.4 KB

Lets play a game... How many car parts are in my room? lol
Name:  roomwithcarparts.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  12.2 KB

I am still waiting to find some sideskirts also, by the looks of ebay I think I will be paying around $100-120 for them.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

holy sh*t man.....BIG difference. I really like the black out. You leaving the tails red/clear or you making them black too?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

props to you , and hell yeah !! i went thru the same thing bout de-ricng a vehicle, and still working on it, aweosme man

Old 01-27-2008, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

holy crap thats a big project, why'd you lose the lambos tho man those were deadly

Old 01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

I think you got the same style tail lights I got. Are the clear blinkersslightly tinted?

It's funny how people go through a lot of work to "pimp" there car, and then go through a lot of work to go back to near stock. Not to poke fun at you....just something thats pretty common on this site. Are you going to leave the fenders?

Quick Reply: The Official Un-Pimping Of Mobsta's Ride