General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Oil Change Guy almost got beat

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Default Oil Change Guy almost got beat

Ever Have this happen to you, gettin your oil changed, and have the tech tell you somethin needs replacing, and you know it doesn't, happened to me friday told me i needed a new fuel filter cause mine wa rusty and needed to be replaced , funny i just put it in two days before, i know we get rust in minnesota but DAMN!! Best part was after the fact i told him were it was and he said oh...... its not under the car? i said no its in the engine bay! and he back off once he figured out i wasn't as stupid as he thought.....makes me pissed off......shisters

Old 03-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Oil Change Guy almost got beat

hahahaha now thats funny showing them that they are the retarted ones

Old 03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
HCF Member

I do my own work so i don't have to deal with the dumb****s.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:18 PM
HCF Member

How many cars different cars on the road a day do you see.He shouldnt of acted like he saw it already.He was probley a noobie to automobiles and it takes a while to know where every cars fuel filter is located.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

Its not that he didn't know where the fuel filter is, he lied about it. He told mustangman that he needed a new fuel filter and it was rusted. I would like to know how this guy knew that the fuel filter was bad when he didn't even know where the fuel filter is. What pisses me off is when people lie about that kind of stuff. I can understand that someone doesn't know where the fuel filter (or anything else is) because nobody wakes up one day knowing everything there is to know about cars. What does **** me off is when people make it look like they know everything or try to lie to you.

Old 03-13-2006, 06:50 PM

amen

Old 03-13-2006, 09:31 PM
HCF Member

happend to me a wile ago at midas for a winter package .and he sead i needed new wheel cyclenders and cap and plugs..well it ends up being i buy the parts to do everything, wake up early one day and start to take my brakes apart when theres nothing wrong with them!!!!..and nothing wrong with my cap and plugs!!!!...took all the parts back, man they pissed me off, thank God im doing all my own stuff now, i feel bad for people who dont no anything tho and do get jipped

Old 03-13-2006, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

It might take me ten minutes to change my oil.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:30 AM

I agree, My 03 ex IS so easy to work on. Took 20 mins to do both front brakes. And the Oil filter is sitting right under the intake manifold, with a world of room around it to get a Filter wrench in there. The only problem i have with my civic is getting it up on my drive up ramps. I have to use wood boards to keep the front bumper from hitting the ramps.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:16 AM
HCF Member

The thing is with them places is they get alot of customers so they know you and your car.When I talk to a person I one point out something to them Like you may need to watch it or in the future if this happens it may be result of this.Most of the time people are like what you doing with your car or I will be talking about it and there like someone in my Families car is doing the same thing can you fix it.Some how they seem to get past the person designed to do that job.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Guy almost got beat