General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

oil psi gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

i wood like to find out how to put one of those on my car

Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

It's really pretty simple, there is the stock sender in the back of the block that you take out, then get a brass t fitting and connect the stock sender and the oil pressure line to that. Go to autozone and pic up a sunpro oil pressure psi gauge there, they're mechanical, not a electric one with the sender that you have to run a wire from that to the gauge. The electric ones are a waste of money and the two that I had ended up both leaking from the electric sender.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Yes, directly above the oil filter is the stock oil pressure switch with one wire on it. This switch turns on the oil light on the dash when the oil pressure is near zero. You will know you unscrewed the right thing because a little oil will come out.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Chubby Chaser

goto autozone and buy a oil "T" fitting, they have a tray full of little couplers and "T's and stuff, and get some white teflon tape. u can unscrew the oil pressure sensor and screw the t" in and then screw the new sensor and the old one on the T" make sure you use the teflon tape so it wont leak.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Probably yes. It would be easiest to work on this by driving the car up on ramps (or otherwise raising it) and reaching up from underneath. Also of course you need to install the gauge on the dash and route the sensing pipe from it back to the engine.

Quick Reply: oil psi gauge?