General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

ok what else could it be???

Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
HCF Member
Default ok what else could it be???

my 00 si has been running sluggish so i changed the spark plugs, the spark plug wires and the fuel filter. I put zmax in it a few days ago ($35 fuel system cleaner) and it is still running sluggish. what else could it be? maybe the fuel injectors?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 08-01-2007, 05:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ok what else could it be???

Maybe you've gained weight.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Jeez Moog. Be nice. LOL

Have you run Seafoam yet? If not do it then if that doesn't do it let us know. But run the Seafoam first. There is a DIY in the DIY section. Good luck and do it at night. Unless you like the fir Dept showing up at your house in a foul mood. LOL

Old 08-01-2007, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

slugish as opposed to what?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

Snailish???

Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 PM
HCF Member

[align=left]its not running as fast as it was. not saying its the fastest car in the world but it is running a lot slower than normal.
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 08-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Run a compression test. Maybe all those late nights of slamming gears and racin fo pinkz took its toll

Old 08-02-2007, 05:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Run a compression test. Maybe all those late nights of slamming gears and racin fo pinkz took its toll
lol that thread made me pee myself everytime i read it, win some PHAT DOLLAZ!

but if the seafom and compression test dont help, get a fuel pressure guage and make sure your pump is up to par. or did you try disconnecting the battery and let it sit for a bit?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
HCF Member

Did you check the timeing, more than likly the timeing belt jumped, sometimes the jump a little, and sometimes they jump a whole bunch, and the engine dosen't run at all, I start with checking the timeing if the timeing is on, consider changing the belt, and get yourself a upper belt pully that is adjustable, so you can advance the timeing, older cars you could move the distributor, and gain power, this newer stuff you have to go to great lenths, just to add a little timeing, once you add some timeing, if you go to far you will get a horrible spark knock, just back out the timeing, untill the knock is just about gone, you will love the difference, feels like you gained a few more horses.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

i was driving tonight and i noticed that my exhaust does not sound like it used too. its like the car is not passing enough air through or something. is it possible that my cat is clogged or something in that area? and would autozone or place like that be able to do a diagnostic on it or will that not tell me my problem???
[align=left] [/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ok what else could it be???