General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 PM
HCF Member
Default opinions

I don't want to start a thread that has been repeated over and over again so i will try to be specific.

long story short i now have a 94 hatch with a d15b7 pretty slow motor and has a blown headgasket...Sooo its time to replace it, not worth fixing that slow of a motor when I can spend about the same amount on a faster motor. or is it?

End goal: I want a car I can beat on, (drive for fun) doesnt need to be a "10 second" car but fast enough where I can feel the power and not break every time i drive it hard or if I go to the track (not the point of the car but to go for the fun of it)

Basic question: what to do eather replace the engine (swap) or repair and upgrade the engine that I have.

Time frame: I have about 2-3 months (nights and weekends) to do this car, I don't have to do it that fast but I use my girage for my other cars and hate working on them outside.

budget: I have about $800-$1000 each month to put into this so $2700-$3000 (like i said i can put more into it later just want to get it running so all im doing is upgrading/tuning etc...

I realize this is an opnion question and has been asked a million times and yes I did research it but I am not as knoledgeable in hondas as some of you guys. I guess im looking for responses from people who have done this and then say " i wish I would have just done........from the begining "

Let me know your thoughts I have been researching what to do for a while and have a good feel for what the different engines are and hp etc. It doesn't even have to be the easist thing to do just the best outcome for reliable power