General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

PERFORMANCE MOD ADDICTION POTENTIAL

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Default PERFORMANCE MOD ADDICTION POTENTIAL

HELLO FRIENDS:

I am about to purchase 2 modifications for my 2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX SE.

These are the first mods I am performing on my CIVIC.

The first is a MAGNAFLOW cat back exhaust system.

The second is a INJEN IS Series cold air intake system.

[hr]My question is this: Are performance modifications like a TATOO and once you start doing them then you CAN'T STOP ?[hr]

Tell me your stories and how you started out---------if you only intended to do a couple things but now you have performed modifications that you never expected to install.

[hr]Will this become an addictive habit that I will forever partake or will I be happy with the performance increase of these 2 modifications and that will be the end of it ? What should I expect after installing MAGNAFLOW cat-back exhaust & INJEN intake system ? [hr]

I look forward to your input and advice. THANK YOU !

ROB from NJ [&:]

Old 10-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: PERFORMANCE MOD ADDICTION POTENTIAL

Well after those you might as well get an EX DC-Sport 4-2-1 header and a high flow cat... and than why don't you come up to ATCO, say next week? I planning on going there once my brakes are finally done...

And yea, you pretty much won't be able to stop modding:-D I know I can't...started out with some guage cluster remodeling, and than went to a catback, SRI, coilovers, now I'm doing rear brake conversion and LCA's...soon to come are sways and some lightweight rims...

Old 10-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Definitely an addiction. I always say to myself "One i get (X) part, i'll be happy for a while and won't have to do anything else" Five minutes after part X is installed, i'm online looking for what to do next

Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

My question is this: Are performance modifications like a TATOO and once you start doing them then you CAN'T STOP ?

Will this become an addictive habit that I will forever partake or will I be happy with the performance increase of these 2 modifications and that will be the end of it ?
True. You will be addicted. As for gains... id say to be safe around 15-20hp... that is if you arleady have a CAI/SRI. That will make it even more. But remamber, every little bit counts!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

Dude, you will become addicted to modding your car. Not only that, but you will see other cars and wonder what they got. I bought the same car and I only wanted rims but then I started looking into this forum and that was it. I got the same exact set up you have. Injen Short Ram Intake, Magnaflow Catback System and the Front Upper Strut Bar. Last week, I installed the spoiler. Header, Hi-flow Cat, rear and upper strut bar and throttle body is next (not in this order) if I can find it cheap enough.

After that is braking and suspension or maybe I'll just lower it 1.5 inches.

It's cool though, ride is nice but still requires a little more.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 AM

definitely strut/tie bars. You can get a full set of good no-names on ebay for 75 bucks. Pretty much everyone here who's gotten them agrees they notice the difference right away. Welcome to the addiction. It's like crack I swear.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

once you have gone modified...youll never go back

Old 10-18-2005, 11:44 AM

You WILL become ADDICTED!! You WILL not stop purchasing mods!!! You WILL not be happy till the only thing left stock is the doors and frame!! lol no not really the last part, but yeah its addicting and no you won't be able to stop and like LEVII said you will wonder what other people have in their cars.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:57 AM
mxs
HCF Member

PEER PRESSURE! JOIN THE COOL KIDS! kiss your $$$ goodbye!

Old 10-18-2005, 03:25 PM

yeah... once you see what one performance part will get you. you will be wondering how the next one will be... the next thing you know your at auto x and surprising everyone. moddiction is a sickness that feels great.