HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   please help! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/please-help-82919/)

lovinmy97 05-20-2010 02:16 PM

i had an egg in my left front tire once but it didn't make any noise, just had the car movin all crazy like

chrismag 05-20-2010 02:25 PM

yea, it does shake when i start driving then it goes away. i have felt along the tire i dont feel anything abnormal.

every wear i take it they say its my tires

they said my alignment being so messed up caused the bad tires,

they said its not camber they said the wear is from my tow being so bad.

they said its so bad on the right side because of how my alignment lines up.

when i get new tires on sunday or monday i will then get a camber kit, then get it aligned.

and if it needs new tie rods they will let me know

PunisherInOKC 05-20-2010 05:45 PM

I told you it was your toe. =P
Why do you want a camber kit? Waste of money really. You would have to have significant camber issues to really need a camber kit. The camber will not really effect your tires until way later in their life.

trustdestruction 05-20-2010 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC (Post 715226)
I told you it was your toe. =P
Why do you want a camber kit? Waste of money really. You would have to have significant camber issues to really need a camber kit. The camber will not really effect your tires until way later in their life.

I am lowered 1.8" and I had -2.4º of camber. Toe was set to 0º. I went through a set of Falken Ziex 512 tires (which are rated at 30,000 miles) in about 10,000 miles with proper rotation and inflation, and the effect camber had on that was easily evident just by looking at the tire.

I used to believe this whole "you need a camber kit" thing was a myth, but it really isn't.

I can only imagine how much camber he has, because according to his pictures, his car is hella low.

chrismag 05-21-2010 12:16 AM

yea its really low, i mean onces i have all of the tires off i will take pictures of them for every one.

when you look from the back of my car you can see the tires actualy cambering. if that makes sense, its extremly low do you think i should raise it? i mean the back coil overs or bottomed out and i have about an inch in the front left. what should i do??

i have 900 to spend..

new tires are gonna be about 400 for cheep ones

the alignment will be 50

and idk anything about camber kits, i mean i want one for the long run of my car,

if i were to have been in this possition a few months ago i would have sold the car for at least what i bought it for and then used that 900 to buy a better car,

but i like this one and i want to keep it.

i dont want to spend a lot well becuase i dont have much to work with but

how much does an alright camber kit cost?i know people who rock the ebay kits. i know people say stay away from ebay. but what should i do. realisticly with what i have to spend?

trustdestruction 05-21-2010 03:50 AM

I would go Buddy Club in the front (has stronger metal and is the lowest profile one, which is a big deal since you are so low... it will still probably hit the top of the strut towers though over bumps but it will still allow you to have it lower than other kits would). It's $150, which is not bad for a name brand front camber kit. Plus, it's Buddy Club so you can expect really nice quality.

Then for the rear you can either do the washer trick (you add washers between the stock rear camber arm things and the chassis until the desired alignment is reached), or you can get a rear camber kit. Best deal on the rear is the Blox camber kit at ~$80.

And yea, I would raise the car until there is little to no rubbing or bottoming out.

chrismag 05-23-2010 11:50 PM

new tires $408
life time alignment $145
buddy club front camber kit $180

trying to chase a kid who hit my girlfriends at her soccer game, after every thing was finished with on my car.... and breaking my hand...priceless =(

at least its alot easirre to steer, it doesnt shake,
but god damn is it hard to drive with a broken left hand

trustdestruction 05-24-2010 02:40 AM

Damn dude, $408 for tires? What kind of tires did you get?

Buddy Club front camber kit is on ebay for $155 shipped

NIKE H34D 05-24-2010 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by lovinmy97 (Post 715192)
i had an egg in my left front tire once but it didn't make any noise, just had the car movin all crazy like

Lucky that tire didnt blow

lovinmy97 05-24-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D (Post 715611)
Lucky that tire didnt blow

yeeeup, sure was.