General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.
View Poll Results: A poll
try selling AS IS on ebay.
5.00%
try selling it AS-IS localy
15.00%
just pull the big bass toys out and sell still lowered
5.00%
or just PUT IT ALL BACK STOCK and then sell.
75.00%
all back stock but keep 17inch rims on it.
0%
and sorry,keeping it not option but if you want to here. i wantA hatch
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

quick pole for selling my 99civic. how should i put it for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default quick pole for selling my 99civic. how should i put it for sale.

well as some of you know im kinda trying to sell my 99black civic so i can buy a hatchback 96-00civic

guess i kind of need some pushing....
i would reuse EVERYTHING from my civic to put on the new civic besides the lowering struts and springs since next id prefer some nice coilovers...

im not sure if i should try EBAY with it AS-IS
or put it back stock and list it locally in the spring....
car is just siting out in the shop being stored till spring so i got all winter to strip it and put back stock.
only thing i need to put it all back stock is a OEM cluster shell to remove flexstrips cluster lighting,
a positive battery terminal, small car battery and stock wheels/tires.... cause i sold the tires from my 94civic cause the tires sucked in the winter and slaped my 99stockers on it. but should be able to find some stock decent tires cheap enough...

tho i havent tried selling the car really yet... just free websites right now.... i figure id probably get more money from it in the spring anyways cause right now is 4x4 season...

for my AS-IS price would be $8,400bucks
no wheels/alpine radio $6,900bucks

or if i put it all back mostly stock id say like $5,900

good thing about this all is i have almost all my stock parts
so it would only cost me about 2-300bucks to put it all back stock.

guess i just need some pushing to put it back stock.....
main thing i dont want to loose money on is my wheels and dvd radio.

ive figured i have just about 6K bucks extra slaped onto this car from stock. i know id never get it all back out of the car with the parts used... but its just stupid if i sell it at a loss and then buy alot of the same parts back...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: quick pole for selling my 99civic. how should i put it for sale.

I voted for all stock just because it gives you a much biger range of people who would want to buy it. Yeah it's cool to have a car that has work done to it and plenty of love put into it, but most people would rather buy something that is stock, so if they want to have something done to it, they can do it themselves and a blank canvas. Just seems like the best idea to me.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

I agree with Trey, I would put it back to stock. Plus then you can use all the parts you had in it or sell the ones you dont want to use seperately and make more money off of it.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

no!!!!!!!! not the 99' why? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY?!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:04 PM
HCF Member

You've been here for how long, and post whored for how long, and you still don't know the proper section to put this...

and $1500 for your wheels and stereo is just plain old dumb...

Old 01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
HCF Member

For somebody else I wouldn't say go back stock and sell it, but you can do that kind of stuff with ease and not only that but the car would atract a wider range of people, and I think you would save money from the parts you save from it.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

You've been here for how long, and post whored for how long, and you still don't know the proper section to put this...

ya wrong section BUT i wanted a POLL...
thanks for moving it tho
it wouldnt let me make a POLL in this section...

only reason for selling it would be to buy a hatchback civic..... ive always wanted to do some sweet fiberglass stereo instal BUT with a coupe its just not as nice/practical....

originally i was looking at a nice civic hatchback for my first good HONDA.. BUT dealership sold it before i could get the money together
it was nice, 5speed, silver, hatchback, some nice 16inch wheels. very nice. tho it sold really fast

PLUS looking at SOVs hatch..... ive been hooked! and since i can not find a decent hatchback 92-95 project rolling chassis ive given up on that idea.
but looks like ill spend the next month on and off puting the car back stock.....

Old 01-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

question... you mean the 1500 discount for no wheels/and my radio is dumb?

well i paid just about 1500bucks for the rims and tires new locally, and my alpine dvd radio monitor i paid about 700bucks for it brand new.
and with my new ride.... id just be buying them all over again cause I LOVE THEM BOTH.... i was just hoping they would want them to save quite a bit of cash and buy their own style radio/wheels

but anyways i got my friend that tells me he has a friend that wife is interested in it AS-IS....
but im just waiting to hear back now. but if she decides she doesnt want it OR cannt get the bank loan for it.... then its going to move strong into putting it back stock. gonna swap suspension first and then start to remove all my BIG @SS wires and stereo add-ons... and also remove my kick @ss alarm system and hurry up and slap it on my 94 cause it does need a alarm, tho the remote starter is iffy to hook up on it.

who knows if i can sell it at STOCK quickly then when i go down to florida to visit parents for a week or two MAYBE ill find a hatchback down thier to drive back... cannt beat a southern car when it comes to preventing rust

Old 01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

You could put it back to stock, yes. But you could also sell it as-is. I think you should sell it as is, and give an option to the seller to bring it back to stock (make sure you get a down payment first) lol

Because...seriously, you have a goegeous car. I'd buy it. But... I like half way across the continent and in a different country... haha

Old 01-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well ive had it listing localy on craigslist but so far nothing yet...
tho by puting it back stock i could keep all my nice toys... and when i do get the new car i could slap it together preaty fast. so that would be a plus.

but i can always slap it back stock and then with the buyer i could posibly offer some parts, tho only 2 things i would sell from it is the blue struts and stech springs. just because id like to buy some nice GroundControl coilovers and koni struts for the new ride.
everything else i would definatly reuse!

Quick Reply: quick pole for selling my 99civic. how should i put it for sale.