General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Default quick question

Hi there..im new here so jus gettin used to it all..I own a 96 3dr civc vti vtec. I love the car to bits. best thing i've ever bought..I got one question tho...Do american versions of this car have a rear anti-roll bar???
I'm only askin coz i bought an exhaust off ebay from america..sounds amazing but at the back where it goes over the axle...it hits the rear roll bar..so was jus wondering if its because its from the U.S

Old 04-27-2007, 03:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: quick question

take a picture of that for us. do you know how to post pix inside a reply?

Old 04-27-2007, 03:56 PM

yea i think so. i jus gotta get my camera sorted and i will try send a pic..cheers

Old 04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

right on. I should warn you that some of those cheepy ebay exhausts are not as well designed as some of the others out there by better manufacturers. sometimes they don'f fit as well as people would like them to.

what company did you buy it from? also, sometimes people put a rear lower strut bar to tie together the struts. it's done to reduce chassy flex and to get the best out of your suspension. great for corners and steering response.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

^^ i just wanted to say i love ur avatar

Old 04-27-2007, 05:05 PM

ah right..i cant remember the company but it was an apexi copy. what you said about the stru bar..thats what mine has..its a link between the bottom of the struts..they're called anti-roll bars here...come as standard...my exhaust bends over the axle but when it comes back down it hits it...mayb should try gettin an exhaust from UK..might fit better

Old 04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: phan10m

^^ i just wanted to say i love ur avatar
Thanks, I stole it from some kid that used to be on my old hardcore/metal forum. I was the admin/mod so I don't really feel bad about it.

James, I would suggest that you remove that lower strut bar. if it's just in your way, then get rid of it. it's not doing anything but reducing the flex. it should look something like this:

Old 04-28-2007, 03:48 AM

oh right. mine dont look anything like that. ill try and get a picture today. bt it joing behind the rear discs on the strut then goes underneath to the other side..i have one at the front too..if i can get a pic today i will put it up..

Old 04-28-2007, 06:20 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: James EK4

Do american versions of this car have a rear anti-roll bar???

just so everyone knows, that's another name for a swaybar, which is NOT the same thing as the "lower tie bar" pictured above.

to answer your question... in that generation, only the Civic Si came with the rear sway, and that was a coupe, not a hatch. I don't think we had any 96-00 coupes that had a stock rear swaybar. and I'm assuming you got an exhaust specifically for a hatch...

hope that helps.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

You might be able to still use that exhaust, just take it to an exhaust shop and pay for them to customize it in there.

Quick Reply: quick question