General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Default racing seats

looking to buy some racing seats, and i'm probably just going to buy whatever's cheapest that i like from ebay.

Will I need the rails/brackets or can I modify the stock Honda rails to make them fit on the new seat?

Also, does anyone know of some cheap sites with cheap racing seats? Not looking for anything gaudy, just something simple that looks clean.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

Mine were suppose to come with rails but they didnt send them. My buddy made brackets for it to work but it was a lot of work. I would suggest making sure you get a set that comes with sliders and brackets

Old 09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
looking to buy some racing seats, and i'm probably just going to buy whatever's cheapest that i like from ebay.

Will I need the rails/brackets or can I modify the stock Honda rails to make them fit on the new seat?

Also, does anyone know of some cheap sites with cheap racing seats? Not looking for anything gaudy, just something simple that looks clean.
you'll probably need new rails. as for seats, see if you can get some s2000 seats in your car. may or may not be cheap, but people say its really good

Old 09-25-2008, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by sittinSideways
you'll probably need new rails. as for seats, see if you can get some s2000 seats in your car. may or may not be cheap, but people say its really good
they're like $1000+ a set, i'm just looking for some cheap seats that look alright... mine have a chunk of foam missing, ripped cushion, paint stains, etc, and fading. I just want a simple pair of black racing seats.

Anyway, my friend told me one of his friends is selling a pair of seats, i'm gonna try and get ahold of him tomorrow to find out his friends contact info.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Just a warning for the cheap seats: they're cheap for a reason... little r&d, no safety testing (that's right, brands like Corbeau actually do safety tests for impacts and such), etc. Not to mention it feels like you're sitting on a pile of bricks after 20 minutes.

But yeah, you'll need new brackets and sliders. You can modify the stock brackets, but it's a PITA and probably not the safest thing in the event of an accident (especially since you plan on buying back-breaking cheap seats).

Old 09-26-2008, 04:38 PM

yea i think the seats my friend's friend is selling are those black JDM-looking recaros
still gotta get ahold of him

Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Definitely get some brackets/sliders if you can. Modding the stockers sucks

Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

Careful what seats you buy for your Sol man. I also have a Del Sol and thought about getting racing seats for a pretty long time but a lot of people say that many of the seats don't fit in a Sol or just looks bad...so yea, just my 2 cent

Other than that, you should check out Craigslist in your area. I checked out FL craigslist and some cities have some pretty nice seats for cheap.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by moatezhab
Careful what seats you buy for your Sol man. I also have a Del Sol and thought about getting racing seats for a pretty long time but a lot of people say that many of the seats don't fit in a Sol or just looks bad...so yea, just my 2 cent
I've seen plenty of Del Sols with racing seats. I'm pretty sure fitment is about the same as a 92-95 Civic; there's enough room.

Originally Posted by moatezhab
Other than that, you should check out Craigslist in your area. I checked out FL craigslist and some cities have some pretty nice seats for cheap.
lol, you know how big Florida is? Miami's like a 4 hour drive (one way) from where I am and I'm probably not driving that far for seats. The panhandle is like a 10 hour drive from where I am and there's no way i'm driving there. Anyway, I'll be keeping up with craigslist.
Oh, and, I wasn't trying to disregard what you said, just letting you know that just because they're in FL doesn't mean they're close.

Alright guys, thanks for all the advice, I'll be getting brackets instead of trying to rig my own. I just don't know when this all will be, I don't really have money for expensive seats, so hopefully the friend of my friend is selling his seats cheap like my friend said, and hopefully they're something I want.
This is more of planning than me buying the seats right this second, but now I have a better idea of what I need to buy and what I want.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-29-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

Oh, for sure there are seats that fit, tons that fit. Just saying if the seat looks massive it may not fit nicely :P

I'm Canadian :P So I have no clue how big Florida is, kinda just assumed all the major cities where close to each other and you lived a little close....guess not :P Best of luck though

Quick Reply: racing seats