General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Recommended shift points for 92-95 civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member
Default Recommended shift points for 92-95 civic

I don't have the users manual for my '93 Civic DX 4DR. I was wondering if any knew what Honda's
recommended shift points were for normal driving and highway merging... I would think the former is
more conservative.

I am shifting around the following points..

1->2 15mph
2->3 27mph
3->4 38mph
4->5 45mph

Can someone point me to the official numbers?

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Recommended shift points for 92-95 civic

just drive it normally, it doesn't matter what shift points and what's the 'official' numbers, lol

Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

just drive it normally, it doesn't matter what shift points and what's the 'official' numbers, lol
I already do that... I just want them as guidelines.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:20 PM
HCF Member

so you want the redline shifts?

Old 08-03-2007, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

actually i want all the shift points..

economy
and redline...

Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

there is no economy, just drive and shift when you feel the least pressure. as long as you drive it normally, you won't see a change in gas mileage. as for the redline shifts, well, just redline it to find out, but why do you need to know?

Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

there is no economy, just drive and shift when you feel the least pressure. as long as you drive it normally, you won't see a change in gas mileage. as for the redline shifts, well, just redline it to find out, but why do you need to know?
Because I have a DX which does not have a tach and "NO" I"m not going to buy one.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

i didn't say that and you don't have to be a dick about it. the reason i'm not telling the redline is simply because i don't exactly know and you are as capable as I am at searching. if you want to drive aggressively without redlining, then you'll have to buy a cluster with a tach, unless you're magical and know exactly when to shift.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

i didn't say that and you don't have to be a dick about it. the reason i'm not telling the redline is simply because i don't exactly know and you are as capable as I am at searching. if you want to drive aggressively without redlining, then you'll have to buy a cluster with a tach, unless you're magical and know exactly when to shift.
sorry not trying to be dick... came off the wrong way i guess. just wanted to emphasize the fact that i'm not going to buy a tach.
i searched but everyone just says rev till you think the engine is going to blow... not very helpful.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jbum

sorry not trying to be dick... came off the wrong way i guess. just wanted to emphasize the fact that i'm not going to buy a tach.
i searched but everyone just says rev till you think the engine is going to blow... not very helpful.
yes, that's not the brightest idea. so you want to race it or something? or are you just curious?

Quick Reply: Recommended shift points for 92-95 civic