General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Review this Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Default Review this Civic

ok so the civic has been my realisitic dream car for years. One finally came up on craigslist and I couldn't have asked for anything closer to what i want.

So i'm curious as to what you guys think of it and have some general questions. (its $5000)

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/1294288960.html

1. Would this car be ok for a daily driver?
2. What psi would you recommend to run it at? (currently at 14psi)
3. Any questions i should ask the seller?

Review it!

Thanks so much

Old 08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

For a daily driver, no a/c is going to hurt, especially if you are trying to look nice.

I can't speak much for the engine components, but even with only 14,000 on the new engine, have to assume he has been racing it with all the work put into it. Just hope he knew what he was doing.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:40 AM

Seems alright. If you do end up getting it, I'd definitely look into getting a new turbo manifold.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:24 PM
HCF Member

I'm not digging the wheels, nor the dual exhaust. But that's just my opinion.....

Old 08-23-2009, 01:24 PM

but parts wise does it look legit?

Old 08-23-2009, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

you need to find out what springs or coilovers its lowered on
he didnt say and you want to make sure its not crap cuz that will make a terrible ride

Old 08-23-2009, 02:46 PM

omgz, another dual exhaust civic?!

for a dd, i'd prolly lower the boost to 8-10 just to be safe.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:28 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Personally, I would never buy a Civic turbo-ed or with a built engine. You never know what kind of work the guy did, or how badly it's been beaten on. Plus the guy could be lying and the engine could have a whole bunch of miles, or not have some of the stuff he's saying. If I were you, I would find a cheap shell and build my own turbo car. I've always gone by the saying "Built not bought!"

Old 08-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

Agreed jwmm04

Buying a built car from someone is like buying a scratch off ticket. You never know what your going to get.
Also with that much boost AND having nitrous, daily driving it wouldn't be the smartest idea. Your motor will be destroyed and it wont last long.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 AM
HCF Member

Honestly it looks like a decent build, but thats the problem right there, no matter what parts or how much is spent on it, it's someone elses build. You always want to build a car yourself or you spend the money and have it built so you know exactly whats going on. Alot of times when ppl are selling built cars they have the mentality of "screw it im selling it so Ill beat on it, I dont have to worry about it much longer".
As for Nos. I have always ran from it, its bad news for 4 bangers from all the experiences I've seen. Nos is like a hot chick with an std, everyone wants to hit it but their scared of the consequences. you dont know how many times he ran the bottle, or what all it could have messed up. Just my $.02. I almost bought a boosted car before and luckly my friends talked me out of it because a week later it blew.

Quick Reply: Review this Civic