General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

rhd conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: rhd conversion

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

well, i guess i'm the only one who can drive a right side drive with out complaining, it's all personal preference
I for one got taught to drive a manual car in a right hand drive car( 91 R32 GTS 5 speed) and there is nothing great about it, wow you shift with your left hand. Being all crazy about RHD cars is the ultimate form of rice IMO.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

I for one got taught to drive a manual car in a right hand drive car( 91 R32 GTS 5 speed) and there is nothing great about it, wow you shift with your left hand. Being all crazy about RHD cars is the ultimate form of rice IMO.
how do u figure? i just liked it because i never get to see rhd's here unless its ups or the mailman, lol. thats why i was excited about it. sorry we dont all have the chance to drive them bro. i thought it would be a cool mod since some of my uk buddies were going to hook me up.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the smartass immature comments, all i said was that i can drive a rhd without complaining, (my opinion) unlike many of you in this thread, it's not a big deal and doesn't make me special, referring to forty's retarded post. it's just my opinion that i prefer rhd over lhd, i'm not crazy over them, hence the fact that i drive a lhd, i really don't care what other people like

Old 03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
HCF Member

The one I have on my avatar was RHD. I drove it in the country with normal left-hand cars for way more than five years. Aside from cool/rice factor,driving rhdhas some pluses. On a dirty road you can step directly on a sidewalk from your car (and Moscow IS dirty in winter), it is convenient to pass on the right - if you are into those things (I was).

That's pretty much it. On the other side, toll booths, drive-throughs, etc. are a pain in the ***, as Forty mentioned. Big safety breach is passing on a two lane road, you just can't see what is ahead, and this is much more serious than just inconvenience. And shifting with the left hand is just a question of practice...

Old 03-06-2007, 02:49 PM

RHD looks cool...i drove a jdm levine and its not that great driving a rhd car....passing ona two lane highway perfect example....same gear box left hand shifting...maybe if your left handed it be a step up....would not be my choice for a dd

Old 03-06-2007, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

im thinking of not doing it after all the facts pointed out here, like you said it looks cool.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

The one I have on my avatar was RHD. I drove it in the country with normal left-hand cars for way more than five years. Aside from cool/rice factor,driving rhdhas some pluses. On a dirty road you can step directly on a sidewalk from your car (and Moscow IS dirty in winter), it is convenient to pass on the right - if you are into those things (I was).

That's pretty much it. On the other side, toll booths, drive-throughs, etc. are a pain in the ***, as Forty mentioned. Big safety breach is passing on a two lane road, you just can't see what is ahead, and this is much more serious than just inconvenience. And shifting with the left hand is just a question of practice...
i agree completely, i'm not saying there are no disadvantages, it's just in my case, i never go through toll booths, rarely do drive-throughs, and etc. and for my comfort, i normally don't pass on two laned roads, i just don't like doing it unless i have to. i'm not left handed, but it's just something different than everything else you drive.

p.s. why does everyone consider that rice? so your saying the majority of european rhd vehicles are rice if you consider this one rice? it's just what you're considering doesn't add up.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy
p.s. why does everyone consider that rice? so your saying the majority of european rhd vehicles are rice if you consider this one rice? it's just what you're considering doesn't add up.
LOL if you buy it rhd stock - it's just it, rhd stock. If you buy it lhd and convert it to rhd being in lhd country for a sake of having JDM-like - this is stupid IMO and qualifies for rice

Old 03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

i dont think so(i consider rice as a cheap or cheap looking mod that everyone else has) this would be a very unique mod that not many ppl would have.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

i say no on it. my dad is a mail man and owns a rhd cherokee. it sucks on the right side. its harder to drive i think and i dont know how you could shift all the time with your left hand.

Quick Reply: rhd conversion