General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

RICER??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Default RICER??

why is everyone afraid of puting something on their car that would classified them as a ricer? i have a big spoiler and a coffe can muffler and iam not out acting out as if my car if fast or anything i just like the look, people just need to get pass this and put what ever the hell they want on their car without thinking of the attention they would get

Old 10-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Default RE: RICER??

im not afraid of it...i just find it completely useless..but thats just IMO. i want stuff that works and performs, not really into all the showy stuff. tho i do sorta have a coffee can, gives good power and sounds good, just dont like the damn 4" tip[:'(]

Old 10-25-2006, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

it's your car. do what you want.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 AM

Not afraid to put it on... just don't like it... Friends don't let friends drive RICE... LOL...

Seriously, though.. what's the use? I can see the muffler (HP gains) but... a "fart can" with a 8" tip is just plain retarded. I didn't even have that big of pipes on my fire-breathing LT-1. .. A wing on a front wheel drive is actually counter-productive. Wings are meant to keep the rear end down.... since that's usually the drive wheels, but what it does on a front wheel drive is pushes the rear down, and lifts the drive wheels... There are tasteful wings... but the big double and triple-decker wings are useless. Body kits may enhance the look, but it also adds weight... anyone who ACTUALLY races knows that you don't want to add weight... again... counter productive. Putting stickers all over your car does no good. You are advertising for companies that made you buy their stuff... Many times, advertising parts you don't even have on your car... IMO - instead of putting "NOS" or whatever on your car... you should just put a big sticker that says "STEAL ME"

Old 10-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

$300 Spoiler
$300 Coffee Can Muffler
$1000 Body Kit

$1600 that could have been spent helping you run 13's

Old 10-26-2006, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

$300 Spoiler
$300 Coffee Can Muffler
$1000 Body Kit

EXACTLY! (I still find it funny that 13's are a goal... I'm used to cars that run 13's out of the box)

Edit: AND... with the rice... comes the attitude... that your "race-looking" stock 4-cyl can beat anything on the road... that's the TRUE rice. It's not just the appearance... it's the whole attitude. LOL Unfortunately, rice doesn't stop at just imports... I've seen plenty riced out Corvettes, Camaros and Mustangs...

Old 10-26-2006, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RenegadeCivic

$300 Spoiler
$300 Coffee Can Muffler
$1000 Body Kit

EXACTLY! (I still find it funny that 13's are a goal... I'm used to cars that run 13's out of the box)

Edit: AND... with the rice... comes the attitude... that your "race-looking" stock 4-cyl can beat anything on the road... that's the TRUE rice. It's not just the appearance... it's the whole attitude. LOL Unfortunately, rice doesn't stop at just imports... I've seen plenty riced out Corvettes, Camaros and Mustangs...
I would rather join drbyers on this.

Everybody has his/her own opinion on what is important for his/her car. Most people buy civic to simply commute and do not care, whether it runs 20's or 13's at all. I buy my civics for their versatility, reliability, and excellent handling. People, whom you guys call ricers, just want to show off. In the end, this country is all about showing off, isn’t it? I do not support this, but I realize they (and you) have the right to have their own opinion as much as I do. One thing I hate about ricers, though, is loud exhausts. I just hope they get back their share of unsolicited noise when they get older. Other than that I’m fine with whatever people do to their cars. I do not understand or support many things they do, but they do this to their cars, and who am I to judge? By the way I do not understand buying FWD car for drag racing, either. It is fundamentally flawed by design for that kind of sports.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I was using a drag time simply to illustrate quickness. I most certainly did not build my car do run the 1320, that's pointless in my opinion

Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

my friend has a bone stock 05 civic coupe.

it's all black. he even took the hubcaps off the steelies, to make it even blacker.

is it silly looking to me? yes. but it doesn't matter. as long as he's happy.

i did convince him into at least getting a sticker to break up the blackness though. lol.

*and what does he want to get? an orange half-life 2 sticker. jeezis*

Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

I was using a drag time simply to illustrate quickness.
Don't you think we all would be safer if those people spend money on showing off instead of quickness? It's pretty scary, how much damage a person with a desire to show off can do using really fast car.

Quick Reply: RICER??