General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

rude awakening

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: rude awakening

ya as soon as the car is repaired i will get the alarm installed. i'm gonna put a piezo siren inside the car as well so that they go deaf if they decide to try and steal the car. a kill switch is simply a switch that has been spliced into a circuit so that you can switch it on/off. i have a fuel pump kill switch and the fuel pump is off until i turn it on with the switch. so basically the thief this morning popped the ignition and tried to drive away but the fuel pump was switched off so they couldnt go anywhere without gas. i have the switch hidden so well its a pain in the *** for me to get to. my neighbourhood isnt that bad but there are always fools walking around the back alleys. i've decided i'm gonna get a gun, my girl says to just get a paintball gun and spray ppl from the deck, not a bad idea.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

haha **** man i know that feeling too, glad you atleast got hte car back!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

fule switch FTW

Old 06-13-2007, 10:03 PM
HCF Member

thieves are gonna take your car no matter what you got, if they want it bad enough.

I spoke with a cop once, who said he installed a pager alarm on his car. it's the kind that doesn't sound off, but notifies you if the car is being stolen.

one night he woke up and noticed a couple of guys literally pushing his car out to the street so they could steal it.

he went around the back with his gun and cuffs and surprised one of the doods and cuffed him immediately. the other dood took off down the street on foot.

the cop said he hopped in his car and drove around the block a few times and finally saw the other guy walking down the street. he pretty much ran up on him and tackled him, before cuffing him.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:42 AM

Glad that you still have your car, on good on ya for the optimistic attitude, man id be pissed

Old 06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

Oh wait so you did have your kill switch turned on? how did they get the car that far?

Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

the little bit of gas thats in the lines.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

A kill switch is definitely a good idea, I agree. However, like someone said, if they REALLY want it they will get it...case in point, down where I am at they had a problem w/ guys and flatbeds posing as tow trucks coming thru apartment complexes/parking lots/etc at night and just towing cars away. People dont question it b/c they think tow truck? no big deal - but beware! punk thieves!

Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

One person (old guy) had his redneck truck tow thefted in the middle of the day at bargain mart. He parked in the handicap spot and had the handicap thing on his mirror like you're supposed to, and he had it parked bass ackwards and the e-brake on but they took it from the front and dragged it off, leaving giant skids thru the parking lot and such.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:34 AM

thieves also, push the car away from the address, and attempt to start it further from your home as their is less chance you will hear it, D*** theives

Quick Reply: rude awakening