General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

SCCA

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Default SCCA

Is anyone here part of the SCCA, I've been looking around the site and its pretty cool. Particularly the Solo and rallycross events look very fun.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Default RE: SCCA

i am! ahhhhh solo1(better known as AutoX) is sooooo much fun. i was addicted the first time i went. the next event is in a couple weeks for me. that rallyx looks pretty crazy...

me racing with my dad in the car and the silver protege5 in the background is my friend...look at that horrible body roll[:@][:'(]
Name:  aj.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  14.9 KB

Old 02-26-2006, 10:13 PM

can you go to the events without being a member to see whats its like? or do you have to be a member?

Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 PM

ya, all u do is show up at the recomended time, register to race, pay the race fee($35 for my area, dunno if thats the same everywhere) get ur car inspected, grab a loaner helmet if u dont have one, and race! you can race with a passenger or have an instructor, which is nice cuz they know the course and can give u some really helpful tips. normally they'll have a walk thru time inbetween heats where u walk the course to get to know it better. now, it seems like most of the time they'll have you work the course, which means either before u race or after u race, u have to go out in the course somewhere and work. all u do is stand out there for a heat picking up cones that cars knock over. Its a real great time, go with friends and race them for food, thats wut me and my buddies do, whoever loses has to buy the winner dinner...u also get to meet a ton of car enthusiast and its a load of fun. Last time i went, i asked a guy who was racing an Evo8 if i could ride with him and he said sure, holy hell that thing is sooooooooooooo sweet i swear it was more fun than any rollercoaster i've been on...

check ur local SCCA website for information. everything u need/want to know is on there.

Old 02-26-2006, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

How many times around the track do you get? How big is the track?

Old 02-26-2006, 10:36 PM

the track changes everytime. sometimes it'll be really technical meaning there will be tons of turns and maybe 1 straight away, and sometimes it'll be more of a speed course with less turns. track size depends on where its held and how big the parking lot is. you go once thru the course a certain number of times, depends on how crowded it is, the place i go to normally gets 4 runs per heat. check your local SCCA sites for dates, times, pictures, and forums. i suggest everyone trying it atleast once, its a ton of fun. only problem is, u'll eat away ur tires reeeeeally fast. if u have cheapo DD tires, u might notice tread wear when the day is over..

Old 02-26-2006, 10:50 PM

I've always wanted to do it, but I've been too embarrassed to take out my stock DX.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:45 AM
mxs
HCF Member

You can go just to watch if you want. I went to an event here back in the fall and I only ended up leaving after 4 hours because I could feel myself getting sunburned...[:@]

Old 02-27-2006, 01:41 PM

I've always wanted to do it, but I've been too embarrassed to take out my stock DX.
dosnt matter if ur stock. they have a stock class to race in. its not about power anyways, its alllllll about the driver and skill. a guy whos been racing for 10 years raced one of those weird lookin Toyota hybird cars and got the same time as i did and i know my car would kill it on 1/4mile. People always say that for AutoX, slow is faster...and it really is.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

AutoX = 5% car, 5% tires, 90% driver

Everything civicexracer said = +1

ps- if I can make an *** of myself then you can too...

Quick Reply: SCCA