General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

scion or honda???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Default scion or honda???

Alright guys/gals i need your help,,,,im 17 and am in the market for a car...im looking at a 05-06 scion tc. My parents want me to look at hondas but i like the look of scions plus all the things you can do with them (kits, leds, ect)

whats your opinion scion or honda

the car i have now is a 1998 toyota camry....great car i love the thing its just seen better days and im looking to upgrade

the car woiuld be purchased by me and what i sell the camry for so im looking at aound 7,000-10,000 let me know what you think

Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

both are good cars. the scion brand is more niche compared to honda, so it'll stand out more imo. but on resale, probably civic would be easier because more people know the car and the brand. reliability wise, scion is subbrand of toyota so should be on par with honda (though some ppl might say differently these days). if you're looking to mod, both are equally accessible and i think maybe civics might be cheaper to mod just b/c of its popularity and the number of suppliers out there.

personally though, I just think scions are too much of a "poser" car. the brand plays into the whole "asian pop culture". that's just how I feel about the brands anyways. it's really about your personal image and statement to your peers. quality wise, can't go wrong with either.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

i just got a 93 Civic a few weeks ago and i LOVE it... personally if it was me.... i would look for a Civic in the 5kish range and use the rest for parts. I think you could have a sweet lil car for that.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:42 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Capnx
personally though, I just think scions are too much of a "poser" car. the brand plays into the whole "asian pop culture". that's just how I feel about the brands anyways. it's really about your personal image and statement to your peers. quality wise, can't go wrong with either.
agree'd

Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 AM

Civic - 92-00 EX Coupe, or 92-95 SI Hatch, 99-00 SI Coupe.

Those would be my suggestions. Cheaper to insurance, probably easier to mod, more information available on mods, and it is not a Scion.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

Did ya really think that anyone at the HONDA forum was gunna vote scion? haha. I vote honda all the way very reliable affordable and fun to drive. Id say get the 99-00 SI if you can find one in good shape or a 99-00 EX.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:59 PM

^^^ thats why I posted on a honda and scion forum

but I think im going with scion, the look of a honda doesnt compare to scion

Tc's are better stock

and you can getter a newer year for less

thanks for the help guys

Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by coltzxli
im 17
plus all the things you can do with them (kits, leds, ect)
what you think
I think you shouldn't touch a car until you realize that making a car look like a spaceship isn't a good idea.

Scion is POS, Civic is POS, buy a kia which is a POS, but is priced like one too. At 17 you don't need a flashy car.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Chubby Chaser

buy a Daewoo

Last edited by 94civichatchback; 02-24-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
I think you shouldn't touch a car until you realize that making a car look like a spaceship isn't a good idea.

Scion is POS, Civic is POS, buy a kia which is a POS, but is priced like one too. At 17 you don't need a flashy car.
the greatest truth of all Gene, I tip my digital interwebz hat to you. OP, if u wanna go fast, you can get a swapped civic for a lot less than you can get a tC. honestly, i like the tC. but a 2.4l w/160hp? thats all? my rex made that with a 1.6l. i test drove a 1g tC with a five speed, and it felt ok. civic feels ok too. neither of these is gonna satisfy your hormones though. Gene hit the nail on the head. these are both econo cars.
edit: get a geo storm. daewoos suck mitch, lol

Last edited by MBrent; 02-24-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: scion or honda???