General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Security?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 PM
HCF Member
Question Security?

Yeah so i'm thinking about getting a better sound system im my 93 civic... Right now its got a kenwood stereo (CASSET ONLY!! LOL) and some other kenwood speakers, they sound alright i guess... but i want more

But lately there's been a few cars that have been broken into and one was even jacked..
so i been thinking twice about upgrading anything that might grab attention.

What are some good things to do for security?
but practical things lol. not like empty out your gas tank and take your battery with you and leave it sitting on blocks during the night lol.
i live in an apartment so there's no garage here...

THANKS!

Old 10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i just spent the past 5 minuts looking for the pic but i couldnt find it so ill describe it for you. make a block off kinda thing out of cardboard. put random wires sticking out. wrap the cardboard in electrical tape.. itll look like your stereos alredy been stolen

Old 10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

LOL!
i dont know on whose project i saw but they blocked off their atermarket stereo wth a lid from their cup holders and left their stock stereo on top. i thought that was a good idea, but mines an older civic so it probably doesnt have anything like that uh?

lol my neighbore told me to just buy a mini amp from walmart so i wont loose much if it did get jacked. lol he said their like 60 bucks. must sound like sh*t huh?
lol

Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM

just get an alarm

Old 10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

the one jacked happend to have an alarm.
lol

Old 10-07-2009, 01:36 PM

Get LoJack then

get a clutch pedal lock so they can't start the car

Get a nice 2 way alarm so you are paged when something happens

Old 10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

Get a cutoff switch, and tell no one about the install OR where the switch is.
If you REALLY don't want you car jacked, go ghetto with it. - Get a bike lock. Run it from a spoke of your rim to your a arm. That bitch wont go anywhere when the thieves try to steal it. I gotta buddy who did this. lol. Ghetto as hell, but works.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

walmart **** sounds decent in a hatch, i got 2 xplode 12's, a 600 watt jvc amp and .5 farad capassitor from walmart. it all sounds decent. i also got memphis 6x9's and door speakers too tho. lifttime warrenty babyyy!!!! lol. but yeah as for security, like i said, just make some kind of blockoff plate and electrical tape it with some wires hanging out. itll look like your ****s alredy been jacked. either that or mount the head unit somewhere else and leave the casette player there, ppl dont want a tape player lol. get an alarm system with gps so you can track it, dont leave nothing valuable inside

Old 10-07-2009, 08:30 PM

Get this, put a good stereo in it, and then put cupholders or something up above like Danomatic93 did. Then get some dark tint so the stereo is harder to see.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

get a 2 way paging alarm, get a autoloc, steering wheel lock, cut off switches.

Quick Reply: Security?