General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Security camera?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Default Security camera?

Everyone on these forums has begun to notice the growing rate of stolen Hondas. It seems to be getting worse, and Hondas are one the the most stolen cars around.

Now I don't live in the worst town around. Actually, by crime standards the small town of Washougal is pretty safe. But still, my car sits outside every night. It would hurt so badly to have the thing I've put so much time and money into disappear. So I was seeking some opinions.

Is installing a security camera a good investment? I don't trust alarm systems installed in cars, and security cameras are getting ever cheaper and simple. What do you think?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Default RE: Security camera?

Why don't you trust alarm systems? I know Clifford do good ones.

Yeah, why not. Dude who steals it would probably have a hood on though, so what would security tape footgae give you, in helping to catch him?

Old 04-02-2008, 04:13 AM
HCF Member

Ive recently had my civic broken into to and they attempted to steal it. I guess a security camera would be a good idea but that doesnt guarantee that your car wont be stolen. plus if theyre wearing a hat and sunglasses or a hoodie or something, it might be kind of hard to see who they are. as soon as i can get back to wear I was, before repairing my steering column, financialy, Im going to buy a removeable steering wheel. Have you considered doing that?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 AM
HCF Member

Cameras will never stop thieves, they just don't care.

It don't matter what brand of Alarm you purchase. If a thieve wants your car he will find the way to steal it. My Brothers truck Recently got stolen with a Viper Alarm on it. He never heard the alarm triggered. People told us that they burn the alarms down with some high current.

I have actually a Viper alarm, auto-lock on the clutchon my Si and on the process on Installing Low-Jack. If they don't find your car quick you get and amount of money back.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: joespaghettio621

Ive recently had my civic broken into to and they attempted to steal it. I guess a security camera would be a good idea but that doesnt guarantee that your car wont be stolen. plus if theyre wearing a hat and sunglasses or a hoodie or something, it might be kind of hard to see who they are. as soon as i can get back to wear I was, before repairing my steering column, financialy, Im going to buy a removeable steering wheel. Have you considered doing that?
Good idea for not getting it stolen, but they will just take everything in sight and tear up your car.
Worth a shot though.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

how much is low jack

Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

A camera is not going to really do anything, unless the guy steals the car and then dumps in somewhere.
Then you have footage of the guy who stole it.
What real good is that?
Your insurance is going to cover the theft anyway (as long as you have that coverage).
Or, the guy is caught, and you have proof to show...that it was him stealing the car??
Hurray, they got the right person??
No real point in it.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: nebrown1

how much is low jack
There is this place my Big Bro knows and they will sell it to me already installed for 550.00.They own a little dealer and they will hook me up because he has purchase a couple of cars already from them. I might end up doing it soon. Been too busy with school[X(]