General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Sedan vs hatch

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:42 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sedan vs hatch

i would personally take a honda over a toyota, and a hatch over a sedan. thats 2 points for the honda. toyotas are still really good cars. and for handling, the hatch owns

Old 05-15-2007, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

but i think the coupe has a longer wheel base...which can either positively or negitivley effect the handling...depending on your driving style and course style.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:35 PM
HCF Member

Corollas are good economy cars, but Civics aren't far behind. Civics look and feelsportier though. Even my stock '00 VP sedan with an auto looks and feels sportier than most Corollas. Civics have tremendous aftermarket support, if you're looking to upgrade parts. If you want something to get you around while you save every last penny, I'd go Corolla. But if you want something with a little more potential for fun, while still being reliable and economical, go Civic. LX, DX, CX, and HX models typically get better mileage, but EX and Si models have better performance and more options. Find one that has a recent timing belt.

If you have kids, or plan to have kids in the next few years, I'd get a sedan. The backseat of the hatch or the coupe is not nearly as easy to get to. Roofracks are easier to fit on the sedans too.The hatch is nice for hauling a large TV in the trunkor for fitting tight parking spots. The coupes look sportier, but aren't typically as useful as the sedan or hatch for moving 3+ people or large items.All of the body stylescan be made to handle pretty crisply for minimal $ with just a decent tire/rim upgrade, some strut tie/tower bars, and some anti-swaybars. Mine came alive with just some decent tires.

For stock aesthetics, I like the sedans from '98-'05, the coupes from '05 back, and the hatches from the '70s, '80s, and early '90s. I don't like the way the newer hatches look from the rear, and the newest Civics allseemas big as the old Accords. Looks can be changed significantly on any model though.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

but i think the coupe has a longer wheel base...which can either positively or negitivley effect the handling...depending on your driving style and course style.
Who said anything about a coupe?

HATCH FTMFW!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 02:28 PM

IMO.....get a coupe!!! but as far as the options you presented i'd say get the civic with out a doubt!! corollas are just that....corollas (thumbs down) were as the civic is like a blank canvas.....it can be whatever you want it to be (mainly because aftermarket companies support it tremendously)....but it really all comes down to what you plan on uses it for. you should definitely think carefully before you purchase either one.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kommando

Corollas are good economy cars, but Civics aren't far behind.
Far behind my ***![8D]

Old 05-16-2007, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

i think if you look up "econo car" in the dictionary...theres a picture of the first gen civic...plus 1 johnny!