General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

selling my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: selling my car

just ask to look at the mileage on the his si cluster, then look at his reported mileage for every inspection, oil change or anything else you can find, it's not that odd that someone wants to sell a car, not everything is a rip off, just inspect all phsical components, routine engine check-up, and whatever else you can find, not everyone in the world is out to rip you off, just a couple

Old 03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

just ask to look at the mileage on the his si cluster, then look at his reported mileage for every inspection, oil change or anything else you can find, it's not that odd that someone wants to sell a car, not everything is a rip off, just inspect all phsical components, routine engine check-up, and whatever else you can find, not everyone in the world is out to rip you off, just a couple
is there some sort of serial number or maybe the vin, that is on the cluster, that i can make sure it is the stock si cluster? The guy sounded legit, he just bought a house and needs money to pay it off. He said hes in no hurry to sell and that he has 3 cars, one of which you can see in the background a huge lifted truck. So is there anyway i can check the miles, in case he has no oil change records or anything

Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

definatly run a carfax report!!!!!!!!!

i wish i ran one for my civic... its been wrecked preaty good twice... and another light damage around the car which i know wasnt reported
BUT its still a GREAT source for reported info!!! if your looken to buy a car preaty soon... then get the unlimeted readings for i think its 30days.... still preaty nice..... check all your cars and friends rides.LOL

if its been wrecked and reported... it should have the milage listed then.. BUT if it was theft recovery... then if the stock SI gauges where removed which im sure they woulda been! thiers no way they would know...

Old 03-28-2007, 05:30 PM
DJC

Damn thats really cheap for a SI with that amount(so he says)of miles. The ones in my area usually have like 80k and cost 10k. Its def worth a test drive.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

My best friend owns a body shop, and from what iv seen what goes on behind
the scene i would stay far away.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

yeah. don't do it. lol.

like i said: stolen/recovery vehicle.

something nicer always comes along the minute after you buy a new car.

if you do buy it then make sure you get a honda tech to give it a thorough once over...

I thought that you told him to give it to Honda-Tech to give it a once over lol

Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 AM

i thought u wanted a black one???

Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

how can he insure that it only has 54K miles....... the stock gauges could have just been pulled to hide high milage.....
hell my dads 2000 suburban has over 100K miles now but only has like 5miles on the title.....
and if the computer didnt remember the milage then alls it would take is a new cluster with low milage and you can say what ever milage you wanted....
think about that...... i doubt it only has 54K miles..... hell the listed ex cluster shows 58K m iles..

and these civics dont have a computer memory feature... so a simple cluster swap can take off 100K miles with a simple swap!!!!!!
hmm.. im running into this millage problem, ( my cluster is broke so i have to buy a new one) theres this crazy *** little thing they did back in the day called "rolling back" the OD. well, you can roll them forward to. im going to roll my new one to where my old one is so i dont forget how many miles are actually on it. Also, if he has 3 other cars, HE isnt going to put that many miles on it, esp. being a more sporty car that he most likley dosent drive all that often.

I think the car should be fine, my dad owns a towing company so i see salvage cars all the time, people are drawn away from them but all it means is that the guy couldnt pay the bill and after so long the towing co gets the title, and some law enforcement agencies wont give a clear title, and some times the ones that will give you a salvage becuase the car was involed in a crime or something gay like that. I would buy this car in a heart beat, and i thought about telling my mom about it but she just bought a 99Lx so shes dirt poor for a month or so..... GOOD LUCK

Old 03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my94civic

i thought u wanted a black one???
i do! but with 54k miles, for $7500. I would take a pink one

Old 03-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well with our gauges... as long as the MPH or mile doesnt work... you can just swap those out.... thats what i did for my custom cluster... its just 4 screws holding the MPH and milage part on from the back...

if i was EVER to do a full cluster swap id keep the factory one and take a picture of the two side by side before instaling to show the milage when you instaled the cluster...
BUT thats just me...

BUT test the car out... just dont do what most people do and just say I WANT IT I DONT CARE>>> I WANT IT.... LOL
i rushed my civic unfortunatly.... i shoulda ran a carfax report on it before i paid for it! crapy aftermarket body parts! bumper, headlights, fender, hood... all replacements and the bumper doesnt like up right with the fenders or the headlights cannt be seen from pictures but up close ya can! well i can!

Quick Reply: selling my car