General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Serious problems with 06 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Default Serious problems with 06 Civic

Hi all,

I’m doing the rounds of the boards because I am at my wit’s end.

Bought an ’06 Civic Coupe LX auto last November and have had nothing but trouble since.

#1 Faulty ODS sensor replaced before recall

#2 Torque converter vibrates between 29 and 39 mph @ 1500 rpm. They told that there is as yet no fix for this - so basically they said “live with it!”

#3 Oil leak. The car is currently in the shop – they have to drop the transmission to replace a plug where the engine meets the transmission.

This is my second Civic (my wife has an 02 Accord). Needless to say, I will not buy another Honda. I am amazed that a car manufacturer of this caliber can build, sell and SUPPORT a car that is so obviously sub-par.

I am writing this as a heads-up for other Civic owners and to ask if anyone else has experienced any of these problems.

Thanks for listening (it gets very lonely).

Old 02-22-2006, 06:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Serious problems with 06 Civic

hmm to be honest this is the FIRST time i have ever heard someone badmouth honda like this... but if your at 1500 rpm and going 29-39 miles and hour... that just can't be right the car should be revving higher as it should gear down since it is an auto. and to be honest at least honda is fixing the problems with your car. cause they could be like other componies and say "it isn't our problem".

Old 02-23-2006, 12:50 PM
HCF Member

agrees^^^ trust me, i live in a family that buys ford and chevy's... they enjoy telling their customers that they're screwed whenver a problem arises. besides that, it sounds to me like u are just seriously unlucky.. i have never heard of a honda having such problems... besides that, it often happens when a new car is released----they never get all the bugs out.

sorry to hear that it's turned u away from honda, but i guess that means the market'll be bigger for me when i go car shopping

Old 02-24-2006, 07:19 PM

You do know that if you car is in the shop for 7 or more things that are covered under warranty, your car is considered a lemon and the company must buy the car back from you? If you don't like your Civic, you can always trade it in.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:56 AM

well this certainly isn't what I want to hear when I'm getting ready to buy a brand new civic in 2 weeks...

Old 02-28-2006, 08:26 AM

I am having a similar problem with my 06 EX sedan. I have had an ongoing vibration issue with it, but its not pinpointed to a specific speed. It feels like a tire is out of balance. It is now at the delaer for the 4th time for this problem. They have balanced the tires on 3 seperate visits only to not correct it. Now I am also having two other issues. The allignment is off, pulling left, but the dealer alligned it and says its fine. This still did not fix the problem so I am wondering if it could have anything to do with the vibration. Now all my LED lights in my Vent Selection buttons have stopped working and its not a fuse thats causing it..... Starting to think i should have bought the tC instead.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

It seems like you have a bad egg. I would demand the dealer to give you another car.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:53 AM
HCF Member

Been happy with my new Si....noticed the DBW acting a little funny in extream cold until the car warms up...nothing major.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:19 AM
HCF Member

I've got a new civic and have never had an issue with vibration or a leaking oil pan plug.

Newer honda uses "soft" oil pan plug spacers between the bolt and the oil pan. You're "supposed" to change it everytime you change your oil.

some people do. some people dont. AND some people don't even put back the spacer, which often leads to a leak.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 AM

looks like you might have a lemon on your hands. this kinda stuff happens. ever company is about to have a few evvery year. i wouldnt let it destroy the entire rep.

good luck with that.

Quick Reply: Serious problems with 06 Civic