General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Should i?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

so you want nos just to purge it? someones been watching the fast and furious too much.. while the movies are entertaining, they arent all true. Nos isnt going to boost you like you think it is, i have been in a car while the driver sprayed nos, its nothing like what you see in the movies, everything around you dosent blur.. he had a 100 shot and honestly, i diddnt notice anything different, yeah it had the pull and got him up 20mph faster than he would have just flooring it, but its not what you think it is.. and if you plan to ride around all day purging the nos just to look cool, its not going to make you look cool... boost it and get a decent BOV, that will make a better sound anyway

Old 03-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ...NEED4SPEED...
well i plan to go to school for performance... plus my bro is in uti... i really just want nitrous to have them purge on da sides of my fenders. btw i still haven't found out wat causes fireballs to come out da exhaust when shiftin gears while racin...
You're wasting your money, in so many different ways lol. Skip the "performance" school and get a college education. I've been through a legit automotive school and it doesn't get people far, which is why I'm back in college. I know a TON of people who HATE working at dealers or w/e and regret going to school for some form of automotive work.

If you want nitrous just to purge it out of your fenders, you will be wasting a lot of money. To set it up and buy all the necessary parts is costly. Also, like someone else mentioned, you have to pay for the bottle and refills. By the sound of it, you'll be refilling a lot and for no good reason.

To answer your question about spitting flames out of the exhaust, it's usually the result of unburnt gas that's in the exhaust that ends up igniting due to the high exhaust temperatures. Either that or some rice head put a spark plug in his muffler to ignite the exhaust fumes.

Do some research and stop watching fast and furious. But hey, that's just my opinion. Waste your money if you want..

Old 03-21-2010, 05:38 PM

Civicexracer has a very valid point on school. If it is a true passion (performance automotive) dont make it your daily job. Been there and still do it every day. I love the hell out of my toys but until recently didnt want to work on my own stuff, so it was some what neglected. I find this with many mechanics (us older crowd still says mechanic, not a tech). In a nutshell, if its a hobby leave it that way before you burn out on it and dont have the ambition to care for your own stuff.

Back on topic, drop the nitrous and boost that sucker. The price for parts and labor just to purge is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Sorry but didnt want to sugar coat it..

Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

agreed.. thats why i dont wanna work on computers for a living because building computers and doing graphics is a hobby, i wouldnt want to do it for a living, same with school. im attending college now but when i get out, i wouldnt mind paying for a few basic mechanic classes just to learn how to fix cars but there really isnt to mcuh money in mechanics unless you own your own business..

Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 AM

It costs about $40 to fill up a 10 lb bottle of nitrous. Filling up a turbo with ambient air is free.

Nitrous is pretty lame, and purging for show is even lamer.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:47 AM
HCF Member

lol. 1st off no duh! i knw nos dont do blur effects like fast n da furious. dats y i hate part 1. n 2nd i dont plan to purge all da time but now i changed my mind. n i wanna do mechanic work on da side. i actually wanna be a cop for a career.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

cops dont make no money and the put their life in the line everyday.. i was going to look into being a cop but i think im going to do something else like investigator or something. cops are seriously wayyy underpaid for all the work and hassle they go thru.. but there is so much you can do with a criminal justice degree, i think thats what im going to major in. [/rant]

Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 AM
HCF Member

plus i heard if u use too much nitrous it can blow ur motor. and i would like to have it for a lil more boost when i need it to beat someone in a race... but i'd ONLY use it IF i need it.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

Epic thread

For 2,719 Posts! haha

When someone quotes me ill delte my post, so get'r dun

Old 03-22-2010, 10:49 AM

You don't wire nitrous to a button, it's usually activated under WOT.

You could get a remote bottle opener though I guess and just leave it closed when you're not needing it.

I sure hope you're not street racing...

Quick Reply: Should i?