HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Si?.....or not? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/si-not-13424/)

Fiirkan 12-01-2005 08:20 PM

RE: Si?.....or not?

And the verdict is :...

VIN 2HGEH3384NH500054
Year/Make/Model: 1992 HONDA CIVIC SI
Body Style: HATCHBACK 2 DR
Engine Type: 1.6L L4 MULTIPOINT FI
Manufactured In: CANADA
Search Results: 12 records found in our database

gotta love carfax.com, if you have any money as well you may want to check those records out too, it is like $25 for them(if you care, i did this to my car and it said 4, but i dont care :))

drbyers 12-01-2005 08:25 PM

agreed.

sacicons 12-01-2005 10:26 PM

no, its an SI. that site you (92_civic_HB_Si) quoted was wrong. 92-95 SIs came with neither. and Rem, only the overseas models of the EGs came with a DOHC. US models came with the D16Z6.

92_Civic_HB_Si 12-01-2005 11:29 PM

is 12 really bad? what kind of records does carmax have? accidents? or just like work done on the car? And yeah, i figured out that it was an si, thanks guys. It's just my daily driver, hopefully will last at least one year. It's got a lot of problems though, but they all seem minor and mostly are just a sign of its age. I do have a nice car thats in the garage for the winter.

Talon585 12-02-2005 09:16 AM

Records are like owners, title changes, and sometimes maintainence records etc. its worth to buy the carfax to see the history of your car. BTW it does tell if the car has been in an accident. Before i buy a car ill get a carfax, ive turn down like a dozen cars because they were in severe accidents with frame damage and the owners telling me the car is accident free.

Shandles 12-02-2005 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Talon585

Records are like owners, title changes, and sometimes maintainence records etc. its worth to buy the carfax to see the history of your car. BTW it does tell if the car has been in an accident. Before i buy a car ill get a carfax, ive turn down like a dozen cars because they were in severe accidents with frame damage and the owners telling me the car is accident free.

bastards.....

amg6975 12-02-2005 03:29 PM

ive turn down like a dozen cars because they were in severe accidents with frame damage and the owners telling me the car is accident free.
^ That's really illegal. If it was a dealer I'd be sooo pissed.

Yo, anyone have unlimited reports? Wanna search my car?.. came up with 24 things, I'm kinda nervious.

Talon585 12-05-2005 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: amg6975

ive turn down like a dozen cars because they were in severe accidents with frame damage and the owners telling me the car is accident free.
^ That's really illegal. If it was a dealer I'd be sooo pissed.
They were all private sellers and they were all trucks or SUV's, i need a vehicle for the winter.

Remmy 12-05-2005 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

no, its an SI. that site you (92_civic_HB_Si) quoted was wrong. 92-95 SIs came with neither. and Rem, only the overseas models of the EGs came with a DOHC. US models came with the D16Z6.

Oh, I just simply copied/paste it from the engine codes. Ill go back and edit it for that unless you would rather do it to make sure its right. :)

Marty 12-05-2005 11:01 AM

If it is a 92 SI it will have rear disk brakes, the 92 and 93 models are the only usdm si eg's that had this