General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

skunk2 sport struts not coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Default skunk2 sport struts not coil overs

i was wonder what kind of spring will fit on these for 92 -95 civic coupe ex

Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 AM

Anything made for a 88-00 civic should fit with no problems. I would call skunk2 to see if they have any suggestions for spring rates.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM

ya there closed today and im trying to order it now because my coil overs r **** but i am looking for ride comfort my ej isnt lowered but i dont wanna feel anybumps what so ever i was think skunk2 sport struts but i dont no what company i should get for springs i want somthing worth my time

Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej1 Ohio
ya there closed today and im trying to order it now because my coil overs r **** but i am looking for ride comfort my ej isnt lowered but i dont wanna feel anybumps what so ever i was think skunk2 sport struts but i dont no what company i should get for springs i want somthing worth my time
If you don't want to feel any bumps at all then I wouldn't recommend going with 'sport' springs in general. They tend to be higher spring rates which makes for a stiffer ride (which is good for performance/handling, as it helps prevent body roll, among other things). Shocks for that matter, too; the sport ones will have a stiffer rate. They'll still do their job, but it's going to be more noticeable inside the car since they're designed to take the hit and keep traction as much as possible (more than OEM ones which are designed for comfort in general).

Old 02-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

+1 on that. If you want stock height and a smooth ride, use stock parts. Performance springs and struts help go through curves faster, but at the expense of feeling more bumps.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

Stock is best for ride quality, but expensive too, unless you try to get them from a junkyard or something. I went with tokico blues and tien-s springs. ~2" lower and pretty close to stock quality, just a little stiffer. Anyway i got skunk2 LCA, and i could not be more disappointed, bushing blew fast and they will not honor warranty because i bought them from an Ebay store.... I hope that that doesnt reflect their other products... I know they are a well known brand. And i cant find anything else that knows to fit their bushings, meaning i am forced to buy new bushing from them or go back to stock LCAs......... -_-

Old 02-14-2012, 05:31 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Turtlegrip
Stock is best for ride quality, but expensive too, unless you try to get them from a junkyard or something. I went with tokico blues and tien-s springs. ~2" lower and pretty close to stock quality, just a little stiffer. Anyway i got skunk2 LCA, and i could not be more disappointed, bushing blew fast and they will not honor warranty because i bought them from an Ebay store.... I hope that that doesnt reflect their other products... I know they are a well known brand. And i cant find anything else that knows to fit their bushings, meaning i am forced to buy new bushing from them or go back to stock LCAs......... -_-
Why not get another brand of LCAs? Also, I've heard lots of stories about them not standing behind their warranty when purchased other than directly from Skunk2 themselves.

On a related note, if you're chasing stock or better-than-stock ride comfort, I can put the Megan Racing coilovers right out. I love how the car handles but it's more than slightly rough.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by switch263
Why not get another brand of LCAs? Also, I've heard lots of stories about them not standing behind their warranty when purchased other than directly from Skunk2 themselves.
I already spent $200 on the Skunk2 =(
Id rather spend 50 on bushing than 250 on Function7 or something, which I should have gotten to begin with...

Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 AM

I'll have to get under my car and check the bushings of my Skunk2 LCAs. Did you pre-load the suspension prior to tightening the bolts? If not, there is your problem.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I'll have to get under my car and check the bushings of my Skunk2 LCAs. Did you pre-load the suspension prior to tightening the bolts? If not, there is your problem.
I did. They said their new bushing are better, and the old ones had problems. Im not sure when the new ones started coming out, but I have a feeling the ones i ordered were sitting at the ebay store guys house for a while.

Quick Reply: skunk2 sport struts not coil overs