General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Snow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Snow.

We had a blizzard here today and i put a set of studded, directional/rotational tires on an 05 subaruoutback and it was a traction maniac!!!! i had to hold back from taking it out on the road and just plowing through the slush and snow.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

I haven't dragged its *** yet as you youngin's say, but I would guess that I have spun more cars around than most of you guys. Did you know that if you do reverse donuts in a 76 Nova that the odometer goes backwards?

3-5 tonight. Might have to try this *** dragging thing. Nice thing about being old, the cops cut you slack when you say "This is my first FWD car and I'm practicing emergency manuevers".

Does spinning around in reverse constitute an emergency manuever?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

I may be young, but with the amount of driving i have done in the last 6 years (150,000 in 2.5 years on a 4x4) and the 6 month Labrador winters. I have done my fair share of accidental and on-purpose drifts/donuts. The most fun and potentially dangerous thing to do (do not try this at home or on the road is to find a parking lot with light poles spaced every so often with no curb around them and do a drifting figure 8 around and between them. I came within inches of destroying my front end but i somehow kept it in control. just don't try this because i posted it here. i would feel like hell if somebody bashed up their car, themselves or possibly died due to something i describe here. Just play it safe.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:38 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720
i can just imagine Tony in his new Subaru in these Michigan winters

Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 AM
HCF Member

You know you do forty. lol. You can't wait till it snows.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:43 AM

i'm staring out the window at blue skies and a foot of snow on the ground right now in MN. supposed to get another 4 inches tomorrow. me and my coworker with his jeep have the dealership looking like irwindale. i held a drift for 3 consecutive corners through the new car lot with my buddy a few feet behind. we did a few laps of this. then i opened my door, turned the wheels as far as i could, pulled up the ebrake, and floored the gas. it was spinning like it was doing an AWD burnout with me hanging out the door yelling. i should get video of it today [sm=gears.gif].

Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 AM
HCF Member

Lol, thats sick. I'd be worried Id slide into a new car. I did some pretty good perfect s-curves last year and a really wide u-turn. so hopefullyI havent lost the touch, and hopefully I get more snow.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:00 AM
HCF Member

Alright, I win. I got pictures and vid first. lol

Name:  1stsnow2007-08.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  17.9 KB
Name:  1stsnowwednesdaydec507.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  19.8 KB
Name:  1stsnowDec507.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  18.9 KB
Name:  ElemSchoolparkinglot.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  21.5 KB
My Favorite Picture:
Name:  Monongahelmlot.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  22.9 KB

Crappy Vid: It's hard to steer and hold a camera phone at the same time... sorry.
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=MOV00001.flv

lol I was thinking for like 2 days... where can I tell my parents I'm going but then go to an empty parking lot instead then this morning we got school called off so I was like oh hell I will just ask.
"mom, can i go to the school parking lots and do donuts?"
"sure just watch out for cops."
...I love my parents.

Oh yea, and I did get the e-break to work, I just wasn't going fast enough before. Although I couldn't get a video of me doing it though. I wanted to get my neighbor to go down with me so I could get some outside videos but they were all still asleep.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

DUDE! Why does it look like your windshield wipers are like floppy? lol for real, in that video it looks like they're the same concistency as a gummi worm haha

and get that kit/rims off man!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

lol I just noticed that, no that is the camera phone doing that. My wipers aren't really messed up like that. I got my mom to go back down with me so I have a 2 min video from outside as soon as I figure out how to get them off of her good camera. I still didn't have much room to get it sideways though. The kit and rims are probably comming off in 2 or 3 weeks when I have a garage to work in.

Quick Reply: Snow.