General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

so close... so close.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default so close... so close.

So I've spent the last two or three years trying to get my civic exactly how I want it (that's the point of modding cars, isn't it?)... well, I was so close to having the car where I was happy with it (at least until after college) when what happens? My parents decide that I've spent enough money on the car and that I can't buy any more car parts... this serioulsy blows. Let's see... $309 for a lip kit, $100-ish for a custom 2.25" cat-back exhaust, $325 for a predator hood, $50 to finish up the suspension,$?? for clearcoat/paint prep supplies (my friend is giving my a gallon of auto paint for free, for those of you who don't know).... that's all I needed to get the car to where I was happy with it!!! So I was less than $1000 away from a car that I loved (rather than a car that I just liked), and now I can't even finish the build! This is seriously pissing me off so badly. It wouldn't be bad if my car at leasthad sideskirts, but I lost one a while back on a highway (dont' ask me how), so I took the other one off so it wouldn't look so bad... now it looks like I get to choose between having a car that lookscompletely unfinished or spending a few hundred dollars to repair my old body kit and rocking that for two weeks before PA's unfriendly roads and my coilovers completely destroy the fiberglass... I'm so pissed, I seriously don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight...

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 09-04-2007, 04:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: so close... so close.

dont tell them about it and have them ship to your friends house

Old 09-04-2007, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

dont tell them about it and have them ship to your friends house
+1 that what i did once, anything that i get that i knwo my parent dont like i alway tell them i got it from my friend for free. but since they dont want u to spend money on ur car anymore,You can secretly do it little by little by little and by time they realize it, if they do realize it, it will be too late lol .

Old 09-04-2007, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

do u have a job? i mean where is your money come from? if u earned the money your parents have no right to stop u, go for it!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Believe it or not, your parents know best. They're just trying to prepare you for the real world, don't be so hard on them.

College Education > Modded cars

Old 09-05-2007, 04:46 AM
HCF Member

yeaa just like every one is saying do a little by little behind ur parents back!!! i mean think about it you drive ur car every dayur parents dont, its ur money not your parents, and its ur car not ur parents, and also this car modding thing only last sooo long i think eventually some of us will grow out of it and then its over. soo have as much fun as u can while u still like it.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Believe it or not, your parents know best. They're just trying to prepare you for the real world, don't be so hard on them.

i dont know why you even try

Old 09-05-2007, 05:02 AM
HCF Member

- if your working and it's your money maybe you can work out an agreement with your parents, if your not working maybe you should be greatful you have a car. Don't dis your parents!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm not saying they don't, and I know college is important... I was just trying to get the car to where I'm happy with it before I go to college... I figure if I'm going to spend the money (which I eventually will anyway), I might as well do it while I don't have any bills to worry about.

And if I do it behind my parents' backs, they'll figure it out... and I'm pretty sure they won't be happy about that (I'd rather not do anything to jeapordize the whole living with my parents with no bills to pay until I go to college thing)... I'm hoping that I can at least convince them to let me get the lip kit... I can live without the predator hood for a while (till after college or whatever)..

And if anybody's wondering, yes I do have a job... I've bought everything (well, 95%-97% of the stuff) that's on my car with my own money. And I understand where my parents are coming from with the whole saving money thing, but seriously... it's my money (and yes, I am actually saving some money for college as well as spending some... it's not like all my money's going into my car)

Well... whatever... I guess if all else fails, I can just put my old body kit back on..