General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Sorta new Civic owner....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 06:12 AM
Default Sorta new Civic owner....

I haven't been on the forum for quite a while. I had a 99 EX for my daughter a couple of years ago, it was a bulletproof daily driver, although it was high miles (243K+) and sort of ghetto condition. Sold it for a very nice, eleven-year newer Corolla S, which recently got broadsided and totaled (nobody hurt). I'm sold on Civics and Corollas as super reliable and long-lived cars, as long as they don't get broadsided, and have been mainly a Toyota fan for many years (I own four of them now ). I'm not up on Hondas and their differences in engineering philosophy from other manufacturers.

At any rate, I just replaced the totaled '10 Corolla with a very nice looking '12 Civic EXL. It's been in a minor hit at some point, but the repair is invisible. Solid car, no rattles, engine bay extremely clean (1.8 engine), interior looks new, and 96K miles. Only question, really, is: anything I need to be prepared for upcoming? Any history of particular problems? I'm not interested in any performance enhancements, this is basic daily transportation for a 21 year old young lady starting her career after college.