General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Sponsored

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Default Sponsored

What do yall think about sponsorships? who is sponsored? and is it worth it? [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 07-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Sponsored

Yeah, its worth it if you earn your sponsorship, and don't just sign up to some silly online thing where they make you cover your car in stickers... but I wouldnt really know, cause i'm not sponsored

Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 PM

Well see I am and some of my sponsors are great but others well you know.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: civictyper2k

Well see I am and some of my sponsors are great but others well you know.
....ugh... yeah.... And who sponsors you? APC? JC Sport Compact? From reading your posts, i've come to realize that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT CARS! LEt along tuning/racing... So the mere thought of you actually having a sponsorship, is really quite humorous...

I want to see pics of your car, your engine, and a list of your sponsors. WHen i see these, and they are legit/believable, i will bend over and kiss my own ***, while wearing a t-shirt that reads "civictyper2k is my hero"

EDIT - Man, my bad, i got you confused with "civictypeSiR" or whatever his name is. I would still like to see the pics and list of sponsors tho.

Old 07-27-2005, 06:35 AM

Yeah thats cool I am trying to get my friend to send them to me (the pics that is) an a list i can come up with shortly but im at work so it will be on sometime today. One other thing myself and the people I know or hang out with we dont do APC.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:55 AM

Its alot more work then youd think to be sposered. I have tried and even talked with a few companies but they werent really interested when I only attend and enter about 15-20 racing events a year. They want you to commit to more then that and then head to all the shows you can. If you have a laxxed job and can work long weekends into your schedule youde have better luck, and Id suggest to start attending these events now, win some, so your name will be out there when they Google you.

I talked with Toyo for a little while and they were so strict about their rules, you get 1 free set of tires per year, you pay for M&B and if you need tires you HAVE to buy Toyo. This really didnt appeal to me as I just hit 18k miles and getting my 3rd set of tires today, and if youve ever bought 245/40/17, they aint cheap.

Plus it makes it even harder if you are in a civic, I mean you arent the only one in a civic wanting sponsors, so make yourself shine, then look for help is mu suggestion.