General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Spring Break Project Complete

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Spring Break Project Complete

Yeah definitely a consideration. Whatever I put in I will make detachable or hidden from view. I'd prefer a dedicated EQ, it's the equitable solution. Thanks for your input though

Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

Hey fellas.

I just wanted to show up and take credit for all the car audio work display in EJ8_Man's civic I'm his brother.

In the car audio forums they think I'm a con artist, but I'm actually here to advertise my work. I do computer-designed boxes with a professional look. They're engineered for your specific speakers, and your specific taste in music. I can do any design, any shape, any speaker. My prices are very reasonable, and mailing a 4 cu. ft box via UPS is very feasible.

I only do this as a hobby/passion in my free time and I'm not after a high profit margin. I am the real deal, so contact me if you're interested. My real job is sales for an optics lab...

If you're in northern california, I do install work as well. (And it won't take 5 days, that was due to a series of flukes and interruptions)

A quick remark about equalizers: They do scream "Steal my system." So I was thinking we could hide it with a flip-up mask on spring or hydraulic hinges. Or we could make it pop up out of your arm-rest compartment. Totally sleeper. It'd look like nothing was there, yet cool at the same time. We'll talk more about it when I get some solid ideas.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

By the way. I'll never use ugly metal brackets on my pretty, well-carpeted boxes or amp racks ever again

Next time, Heavy duty vel-cro. I already got some Cheap, fast and efficient. Not as theif-proof though, better lock your trunk regardless...

Old 03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

The metal brackets are ugly, but its my fault we went with them. I was thinking that even a locked trunk wont stand up too well to a crowbar... I need to address some vibrations that the 6x9s are producing, but regardless everything sounds great. The box construction and performance is excellent I am very happy with the results. Thanks for all your hard work Mr. B [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr. B

By the way. I'll never use ugly metal brackets on my pretty, well-carpeted boxes or amp racks ever again

Next time, Heavy duty vel-cro. I already got some Cheap, fast and efficient. Not as theif-proof though, better lock your trunk regardless...
I was gonna say - too bad all that nice work was "ghetto'd" with metal straps. Everything else looks Top Notch though - nice job!

I use the hook-side Velcro in 2" width strips. Two strips running the width of the box (across the trunk) had the 3rd Order box in my wife's Grand Prix nailed down tight. I just mounted the amp and EQ/Crossover to side of the box to save room and keep it all safe from getting beat-up with things going in/out of the trunk (she still used it for 'wife' stuff, after all).

Again - Nice job though.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:25 AM

what if u bolted it down from the inside? thats what im going to be doing with mine since its going to be very heavy lol