General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

stick with the civic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Cam
HCF Member
Default stick with the civic?

Ive just been offered a prelude 2.2vti 'motegi' for a very reasonable price. I love my b16 civic though - but i know the prelude will be faster and, with its 4 wheel steering, handle better. What would you do? Plus, does anyone know know what the 'motegi' bits all about? I cant see any obvious differecnes between it and a regular prelude

Old 03-02-2006, 09:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: stick with the civic?

Go with the prelude. Comon man, THINK!

Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

thats a hard one..i love the civic, but a prelude would be really nice

Old 03-02-2006, 11:28 AM
HCF Member

why not both? I would keep the civic and tune the ***** off it. more parts to be had for civic than a lude too!

Old 03-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Cam
HCF Member

the huge ammount of parts out there for the civic makes me think i could turn it into something awesome, which makes me want to keep it. Keeping both? I have no money at the best of times! The other option of course is to go onto something like a nissan 200sx... Cheap, rwd, 200bhp, 50 quid more than the prelude to insure...

Old 03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I know what your saying about the 200sx, there cheap, quick and not to high to insure. plus they react very well to basic mods. You could be pushing 300bhp easy for £1000. Id consider getting one myself if I didnt have my heart set on a sick teg type-r build!

Old 03-04-2006, 08:16 AM

Ive got a few freinds who have turboed preludes and they push out about 300bhp. Pretty damn quick they are too! I dont think there's much doubt that the early 90's lude was the best looking prelude, but the youngest ones are 11 years old now, and try finding yourself a stock one with low mileage. The lude after that i always quite liked. Really sutble, but you cant realy do anything with the styling. It looks like a drug dealers car, and I havent seen a single tasteful bodykit for it. Ill be sticking with my civic. Couple of carbon bits, a nice colour and my 15" gun metal ROTAs and it has that great subtle aggression.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

Wow three Brits on one topic, I havent seen that on here before!

Old 03-06-2006, 05:19 PM

Wherebouts u based ukcivichead? Im stuck in what has to be the worst place in the world for getting your car worked on, and finding decent people to get together with who dont drive Nova's and 15 year old corsa's with huge exhausts and steel wheels!

Old 03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

Im not far from Liverpool, a little place called the wirral. And I know what you mean about the sh**y cars, every **** round here drives horribly kitted up corsa's, saxo's, and fiesta's etc. and they all want to race! I just smile and kick back safe in the knowledge that they dont know any better. Im quite lucky in that I have some friends that do know better and drive modded crx's, del-sols, and civic's. Where you from?

Quick Reply: stick with the civic?