General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Still lookin at hatches - watcha think about this one

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Default Still lookin at hatches - watcha think about this one

this is my friends ef hatchy. i think the body kits pretty clean even though i dont really like body kits much.

its got an ls vtec swap b18..

has about 90k on motor and about 120 on the body. hes got it lowered, struts, sway bar. dont member what kind tho. and has i/h/e

oh and sparco seats, and a roll cage

hes lookin for about 1500-2gs

id prolly change the wheels tho

Old 08-29-2007, 03:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Still lookin at hatches - watcha think about this one

looks to be a good deal, I still think that EF's are the only civic that looks good with a body kit on it.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Marty

looks to be a good deal, I still think that EF's are the only civic that looks good with a body kit on it.
i agree, because the body style is squarish so the body kit gives them just the right amount of style they need to look good. im probably going to get this soon but im interested in my other friends eg. it's a teal 93 dx civic. he has 15" rims with honda H symbols that he put in the middle of them. he also told me he has some adjustable suspension that he has yet to put on and strut/sway bar

the car has the stock d15 in it with 180k on it but the interior is mint and the body has no rust or damage.

he only wants 600 cash for this and ofcoarse my plan would be to slam it, drop a ls vtec swap or buy a b16 and drop that in and eventually paint it.

lmk ur opinions.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:45 PM
HCF Member

I think the eg is a better deal being it is stock or near stock so you can start with a clean slate and build it how you want it. I have went through the buying a car allready fixed up and changing things around on it from that to what I want and it is nowhere near as rewarding.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Marty

I think the eg is a better deal being it is stock or near stock so you can start with a clean slate and build it how you want it. I have went through the buying a car allready fixed up and changing things around on it from that to what I want and it is nowhere near as rewarding.
i also agree again lol, atleast i know these cars werent beat because i know the kids. the red hatch was raced around a bit and he was going to get it to the track but hes getting a different car. their hole family has like 3-4 hatchbacks ef's and eg's. his brother my friend also, his eg was stolen recently in providence ri near where he used to race.

oh yea and i forgot to say the kid with the teal eg has an intake and a 2" exhaust all the way, not sure what kind again but none of that really matters to me, as long as the engine is fine to be my daily driver until i do the swap. it looks/sounds good for now too so..

but thanks for ur opinion marty, believe it or not it helps a lot.

oh and does anyone know which years/models have power stearing? it seems like all the models i have looked at recently are dx but some have power stearing and some dont ;/

Old 08-29-2007, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

Holy Uncle Ben's, Batman! Wow... does that EF look ricey. Sorry, not a fan of the body kits.

I'd go with the EG Hatch, personally. But then again, that's what I have, so my opinion is biased.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Type RB

Holy Uncle Ben's, Batman! Wow... does that EF look ricey. Sorry, not a fan of the body kits.

I'd go with the EG Hatch, personally. But then again, that's what I have, so my opinion is biased.
it's really not that ricey imo. it has no useless stupid **** on it really. i mean the body kit and the spoiler just kinda make the ef look stylish, i think the body kit's fine but right now im leaning towards the eg because it's cheaper, semi stock, and looks good.

oh and i love the tails he put on the ef, very stylish but still semi stock looking

Old 08-29-2007, 04:35 PM
HCF Member

Hey, if you like it - that's all that matters. Good luck either way. I know you've been wanting a Hatch for awhile now... hopefully you'll find one you're happy with.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Type RB

Hey, if you like it - that's all that matters. Good luck either way. I know you've been wanting a Hatch for awhile now... hopefully you'll find one you're happy with.
yea i've loved hatches for years, and i've been looking for the right one for a couple months. im not one to push something if it's not that great, so im just waiting to find the right hatch

thanks though. keep the opinions coming i love hearing from people around here.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:41 PM

sick dude go for it man. i'd keep the rims but thats just personal preference.

Quick Reply: Still lookin at hatches - watcha think about this one