HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   suggestions on modding my new 07 LX (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/suggestions-modding-my-new-07-lx-44052/)

garynaz 05-09-2007 08:32 PM

suggestions on modding my new 07 LX

I recentely bought a brand new LX, and I wana mod it up to 190hp + , what do you reccomend I start out with!

phsballer123 05-10-2007 06:47 PM

RE: suggestions on modding my new 07 LX

do your basics first. is it automatic or stick? take care of your air with cold air intake, headers and exhaust. then throw some better cams and get suspension done because there is no use of having power if you can not get it to the ground. if it is a stick i suggest getting better clutch like stage 3

campbuds 05-12-2007 04:55 AM

Should have started with an SI... then you would have already been at your power goal for less money then it will take to mod and tune the LX.

Also you do realize you will be voiding your factory warranty? Also you have a lifetime warranty on your exhaust including rust damage. I know I just got my EX, and I am sticking with HFP stuff. I would hold out until your facotry warranty is behind you. It would suck to have something break and them say you voided it.

drbyers 05-12-2007 06:14 AM

the R18 engines have slightly-ovalized piston bores, which may make aftermarket makers wary offering turbo kits or superchargers for the engine.

i'm not aware of any companies that offer any kits as of right now.

drbyers 05-12-2007 07:08 AM

i think the intake manifold design may be a deterrant too. the r18 is all about NA performance and emissions reduction.

that guy 05-12-2007 12:10 PM

do some serious research about mods before you jump into anything. spend some time figureing out what will and will not void your warranty

Jeremy102579 05-12-2007 12:39 PM

leave it stock, civics are not race cars.

Fiirkan 05-12-2007 12:51 PM

I have nothing against modding a car, but i would never buy a brand new car and imedately mod stuff that would void the warranty on it.

Remmy 05-12-2007 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

I have nothing against modding a car, but i would never buy a brand new car and imedately mod stuff that would void the warranty on it.
No it wont

Fiirkan 05-12-2007 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

No it wont

Let me refraise that, i have nothing against modding the car, but not things that could potentially void the warranty. i know i said it wierd the first time, and it gave the wrong impression