General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Super nintendo in my car?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Default Super nintendo in my car?

ok, so i have a Kenwood ddx7017 dvd/tv/radio/sat radio/.... and more
Kenwood TV

i wanna put a super nintendo system in my car and attach it to my TV

now the problem i am having is power... i am concered 1 about how to hook it up and two, if my battery will be fine, i currently have my subs and my tv on my current battery and i just want to make sure i dont have to much on it. and if somebody could explain a good easy way on how to hook up power for this and any other ideas

Old 07-07-2006, 09:22 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Super nintendo in my car?

I can't give you any help with the power/electronics, but I have to give you mad props for keeping the SNES alive! I got one in my living room and when anyone comes over they are always amazed that we still have it and it runs... then they jump right into Mario or Tetris!!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:29 AM

lol, me and my friend play NBA Jam and Mario on it and it is amazing... we have turny's for it and everything.. lol.. :-P

i want them to be able to play while i driving and ****

Old 07-07-2006, 12:54 PM

upgrade your stock battery to a red top(not the brand, i dont remember what it is sorry)

As far as the nintendo, just get a power converter for the plug from the car to the nintendo. I did that when i had a ps2 in my car. You can buy them at circuit city or best buy or radio shack

Old 07-07-2006, 02:24 PM

are u talking about like a cigurette lighter? because i kinda wanna make it look nicer then that and i already have both spots taken for radar and my phone.... i can wire something if i have to... i just need to know what people think is the best way to do so

Old 07-07-2006, 02:52 PM

i also cant give any advise on the electronics, but i too will give you mad props. for putting a super nintendo into your car, i play mince everyonce and a while...it will never get old to me!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:01 PM

ok so i got everyone setup power and all, now the only problem i have is SNES IS RF!!! i need AV.... hmmm i couldnt find anything or anyway to get to av either. :'( ... i will not give up :-P

Old 07-08-2006, 03:22 AM

I have a JAP and PAL SNES, so I'm assuming the US SNES is simular and they both have a 'multi-out' next to the RF out, for both consoles I have an AV out running through the multi-out you just need the right cord.

edit - pics when your done as well as how you have it all hooked up though as the SNES is also my fav console so it could be a future mod for me too.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:35 AM
HCF Member

Kicking it old school are ya. To hook up power for the SNES, you will have to get a 12V invernter. They usually have a cig lighter connection, get one that has a wire connected to the cig lighter (male). Then you should be able to cut the male connector off and there should be 2 wires. Wire the ground. Next you will want to wire a fuse to the power side and wire the power side to the battery. You will also want to wire a switch, find out how many amps you will draw with the inverter and get a switch accordingly. You can wire the switch on either the ground side or the power side. As for the the AV connection, i've never owned a SNES but i would think it would have the 3 wires (red, white, yellow) that you could hook up to your TV. It might be a good idea to get the 3 AV wires and run them under the carpet to wherever you will mount the SNES. Have female connectors sticking out of the carpet. That way you can hook up the SNES but you could also hook up a PS2, XBOX, whatever.

Edit: with something like this you wouldnt' have to worry about cutting any wires.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:39 PM

ok right now i just went out to like radio shack and bought a power inverter that plugs in the cig lighter - just temp while i work on the other hook up - but i have it in the center console so u dont really even see it, but under the driver seat is the SNES and under the passanger seat is PS2... so i hope they enjoy it :-P