General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Suspension help plz?

Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 AM
HCF Member
Default Suspension help plz?

I'm looking to change my suspension to get better handling on my car. I currently have all the stock stuff and I was wondering if I should just lower it or do a complete overhaul? 98 civic coupe B16, EJ6 chassis. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

Well depends on the money your willing to spend. I say go all out and get D2, or Ground Control Coilovers, then get a Camber Kit, and Strut Bar!

Old 08-17-2010, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

K-sport or Skunk 2 pro S.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

im looking at maybe 500$ i know its not alot.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

This is probably you're best bet in that price range: http://www.tunersports.com/product/t...k201_1643.html

I had this setup (albeit, the older version) on my Civic and loved every second of it. Very smooth with proper valving as well as tight handling via progressive spring rates.

Will your car be uber-slammed and mad tYte JDM status? Absolutely not, but it sounds like that's not what you're looking for anyway (which is quite refreshing to see these days). It will lower you enough to have a nice raked stance and minimal wheel gap.

No need for a ****ing camber kit or any of that nonsense, just get a good alignment and rock it out.

But the handling, oh my, the handing. If I could go back, this would have been the FIRST thing I put on my Civic, for sure.

Later on down the road you can add sway bars and/or strut braces as well.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

awesome!!! thanks alot!! Ya i dont need it touching the pebbles on the street. and i dont want it to look like it either. all I want is for it to handle. I have the 5 speed short shift so thats plenty for me to handle the power and i now have the downshifting powershifts haha hella sik. kinda rough on the tranny sometimes while learning but not too bad lol. I'm prolly going to get it tinted but i dont want to do any retarded body mods. People go wayy too far and it looks rediculous. plus they do it all on stock automatics hahaha. I'm more or less planning on a sleeper. ish hahaha thanks for the reply on the suspension

Old 08-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

No problem. Here are a couple shots of my car with that setup. The tires came on the wheels when I bought them and were a bit small. I think if you ran 16's with a 45-50 series tire it would look really nice.

Name:  corrupt6.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  120.2 KB

Name:  OverpassClose-1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  60.6 KB

Like i said, far from hella-slammed but clean, raked, and will handle like a dream.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:43 AM
HCF Member

ya that looks hella clean. Mine's black with blacked out tail lights too. fakkk haha cant wait!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:04 PM
shawty

Originally Posted by Forty04
No problem. Here are a couple shots of my car with that setup. The tires came on the wheels when I bought them and were a bit small. I think if you ran 16's with a 45-50 series tire it would look really nice.

Like i said, far from hella-slammed but clean, raked, and will handle like a dream.
And why did you get rid of this gorgeous car?

Old 08-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Need I say more?

Actually, this happened:

By the time I was done swapping in the z6 and getting it running 100%, I had decided I was done wrenching on cars for a while. I wanted something nice, newer, reliable, and with some freaking torque. Plus, dealing with Michigan winters, awd was on obvious upgrade.

I do miss the Civic from time to time, mostly because of how well it handeled. Hopefully by this time next year the suby will have some suspension upgrades and I'll be over the Civic completely.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension help plz?