General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

suspension set up

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 03:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

This is why we have a product review section

wtf does "it's going to be bumper" mean?

You get what you pay for. If you want an aggressive stance and good ride quality, save your money and buy a nice setup. If you need to have zomgjdmpartsnow, slaps some tein springs on it and call it a day

Old 07-23-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by chrismag
okay, soo i am learning more and more every day about civic's

i've try'd doing research, and i kind of like peoples opinion
on lowering springs...

what kind are the best?
ST Suspension?
Skunk2
eibach? My personal favorite
NEUSPEED?
Tien?
D2 racing?

would it be worth it for coil overs?Yes
i dont want a huge drop. i am not trying to slam it to the ground.

i just want about 2 inches. maybe more? maybe less....If you're saying maybe more maybe less, coilovers will give you the freedom to choose

i ran crappy adjustable coil overs..i didnt have a camber kit, and i didnt get it aligned, the ride was bumper, and i hated how it drove.You don't need a camber kit, you definitely need an alignment but I'm sure the bad ride was due to the crap coilover set on (assuming) stock or crappy shocks

if i get adjustable coil overs i am afraid that its going to be bumper and a horrible ride,

will it be bumpy and bouncy no matter what if i dont buy after market shocks?yes and no. It all depends on the spring rate and the shock you use. You can actually get a near stock ride feel while lowered quite a bit if you have the right setup

i cant do that right now. should i not make a purchase intell i can actually buy a complete set up?I would suggest so. Save up, do some more research and buy a quality part. In the end it'll save you more money. You should know, you're a perfect example of why to save and buy good parts first. You went with crappy coilovers and now you're looking to buy a new setup...

i am looking to stick with lowering springs...i dont think they will be such a pain in my ***...unless you members tell me other wise...springs are great and fine, but obviously you cannot adjust height and you're stuck with the spring rates

what suspension do you have?Ground Control/Re-valved Koni Yellow
how do you like it? Simply amazing setup, proven winner, high quality, easy adjustability. I highly recommend it
what would you have? I'd have Moton shocks if I could, but that's way out of price range. I'd definitely stick with my setup over any other..
and what should i get?I'd suggest coilovers and more speficially Ground Control and Koni, KYB AGX work well, Tokico Illumina's are nice too depending on spring rate. If you don't want/can't afford adjustable shocks then maybe Koni Reds, Skunk2, or Tokico Blue shocks.
Hope that helps..

Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Default eibach lowering springs.

thanks for the info....

ok im thinking to get eibach springs but can u give me info what is the best spring rate and how many inch do i have to drop if im going to run 17x45 - 215 wheels/tires

i want nice grip, stability but not looking for a bumpy ride.

thanks guys

Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
HCF Member

Im in college so I went with Ground Control Coilovers which are cheaper than most, but very reliable.