HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Tips & Tricks (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/tips-tricks-5946/)

theRDRman 12-03-2011 09:23 PM

ahhaha, yo if any of you kids wanna know how to possibly get better airflow to youre short ram, pvc pipe that leads to your short ram, just stick it where a cold air would go and it works, had it on my old car , good luck...... people are ruthless haha

cvcrcr99 12-04-2011 08:49 AM

^^ I would love proof showing that it "works".

Power increased by how much? IAT decreased by how much?

theRDRman 12-04-2011 12:36 PM

i have a youtube vid of it, there is no proof its just the fact that it directs the air up into the filter, just an idea i used w my old civic

Funtington 12-05-2011 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by theRDRman (Post 769305)
i have a youtube vid of it, there is no proof its just the fact that it directs the air up into the filter, just an idea i used w my old civic

learn the science behind something, and then test it scientifically... saying yo dawg I added leik sum pipe dough and it made leik mad horsepowaa, does not prove anything just saying.
kids these days.

theRDRman 12-05-2011 09:12 PM

ahahhaha yeah well if you think of it, it must help direct the air

cvcrcr99 12-06-2011 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by theRDRman (Post 769305)

A youtube video of what air entering the pipe? I don't get what you are going to take a video of.

Originally Posted by Funtington (Post 769381)
learn the science behind something, and then test it scientifically... saying yo dawg I added leik sum pipe dough and it made leik mad horsepowaa, does not prove anything just saying.
kids these days.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by theRDRman (Post 769401)
ahahhaha yeah well if you think of it, it must help direct the air

Seriously..... Just stop. These posts contribute nothing to this thread. If it continues, I will start deleting posts.

Yes, a pipe directs air if the air enters the pipe with enough velocity. That's really all which has been proved at this point.

theRDRman 12-06-2011 09:05 AM

exactly and thats all there is to it, simple as that BINGO

chasemclemore 12-08-2011 09:38 AM

For those of you that have a problem of the boot sagging short of the shift knob, because of an aftermarket shift knob, or missing the plastic ring that locks it in place... Just wrap some electrical tape around the shifter itself until it is slightly larger than the opening of the shift boot. Press the shift boot above the tape and there ya go... no more saggy shift boot. Cheap and easy fix... personally didnt care to buy the ring or another boot. Have had mine like this for over 3 years and it never falls down.

Henryfong 12-17-2011 11:22 PM

You can remove all of the stock sound deading material that is just weighing your car down by putting dry ice on it for a few miutes and then chipping it away
USE GLOVES WHEN HANDLING THE ICE!!!

*Merged Posts*

Yes he is saying right .Do not touch it with the naked hand .But It differs with every light technology used in it .

Johnsson 03-11-2012 09:36 AM

Thanks for all the tips and tricks about honda.