General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

tune shop

Old 01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
HCF Member
Default tune shop

since i don't know all that much and i'm interested in moding my car the right way the first time, what should i look for as a citeria for selecting a proper shop for aftermarket installations and tuning. better yet anyone know any in the newburgh ny area?

Old 01-10-2008, 04:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: tune shop

bump

Old 01-15-2008, 11:08 AM
HCF Member

last bump just really want advice on how i know if a shop is one that knows what there doing and could help me

Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

it would be alot better if you read up and learn how to do it yourself instead of paying some dude to do it but i dunno thats just my 2 cents

Old 01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

I cant find myself paying a shop to install intakes, exhausts, brakes, etc... You can find DIY and follow the directions. Its really easy to do.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:52 PM

all above replies are really good, Id just try to do it yourself...there lots of detailed tutorials online with pictures, and ask on forums, etc...people mod civics all the time themselves...just participate and post a lot in the several civic forums...

100% worst case is you mess up the car too bad so you call your garage to pick it up on a flat bed and drive itthe garage and pay him to do it like you would have anyways...

But seriously just buy a good 2 or 3 ton jack, some stands and the repair manuals from chilton or hayes...it pretty much walks you through the steps...unless youre doing something really hard-core...

Orpost on the local honda civic/import forum near your city, and ask for advice there...someone will tell you the best local garage to get your mods done, like a performance shop...

Old 01-16-2008, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

i am mainly looking for a citeria for when i decide to boost. most people add near the top of there list if not the number one thing (when building a turbo kit or boosting your car period) that a good tune is key. so i mainly need a shop to help with tunning.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Here is a ny regional area civic forum, post there...someone close to your area can recommend you something...

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/north-east/

Old 01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

haha thanx but it s funny cause after u suggested about local forums in your first post i went searching and actually found that link that u posted in your second post and i'm registering with them to. so thought it was funny that you suggested them lol. but i also posted the same thread now on the region portion of this forum that i found after browsing down at the bottom of the misc. section.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:57 PM

Good man, we bothgot the same Google page results...

Hope you find a good performance shop soon...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tune shop