General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Unique Civic Siting - Room on Wheels!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Default Unique Civic Siting - Room on Wheels!?!

so i was driving on 77 S in West Virginia the other day and ran into a 66 year old woman with the weirdest looking thing behind her Civic I had to ask her about it and she said it was a 'teardrop trailer'...

wtf is that? was my first thought, but it turns out it is a small, light weight, camper trailer. she showed me the inside - pretty cool thinks me. now, i am dead set on getting something like it.

i started my hunt and came across Little Guy - they make modern and classic teardrops so I think the modern will allow me to almost get a custom match to my car...

don't worry - i'll be back to post pics...i just need to hammer down where to get one and how to get the best deal. i was watching ebay, but didn't come across any 'perfect fits' so i think i'll call them direct....dunno.

that's it...my first post and it more about a trailer than a car, sorry. but i think i'll have a deadly combination of cool on my hands VERY SOON!!!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Unique Civic Siting - Room on Wheels!?!

What is that for? camping?. And civics dont have too much torque, i can only imagine how much revving your gonna need to get going

Old 04-03-2008, 10:04 PM

Yeah, I really hope for your sake that you have another vehicle to tow that with... Civics aren't meant for towing.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:01 AM

Camping - yes. I know I could use it for other stuff too... maybe tailgating or something.

With respect to weight:She told me hers weighed less than 700 lbs...don't know about you, but that is do-able for my baby.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

700lbs is going to make you car slow as hell and it isn't good for it. I notice a big decrease in acceleration just with three other people in my car and that is only a little over 300-350lbs.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

700lbs is going to make you car slow as hell and it isn't good for it. I notice a big decrease in acceleration just with three other people in my car and that is only a little over 300-350lbs.
i notice the weight when my car is full of people too, thats why if anyone asks i'm a 2-seater!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

Thats a nifty little thing but I don't think you're gonna like your car with it on, like some have already said just with extra people in the car i notice a difference in acceleration (esp if you drive a manual). For an old lady acceleration means nothing coz they dont drive faster than 35 MPH.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

Your friends only weigh 100-115 lbs each?

Old 04-05-2008, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: MasterJT

Your friends only weigh 100-115 lbs each?
LOL, they must be some hot girls than.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:56 AM
HCF Member

And you guys don't ride around with skinny hot chicks in your cars?!? [sm=ummmmokay.gif]

lol yea I guess I underestimated a bit.

Quick Reply: Unique Civic Siting - Room on Wheels!?!