General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Unleashing the Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Default Unleashing the Hatchback

Allright i have an 1996 hatchback DX with a D16Y7 engine in there and until before my car was very very slow. On saturday i put on an intake system and oh my gosh for some reason i feel like i can beat anyone now. than i found out on saturday that i have straight stoppipes all the way to an axleback stock muffler that some one took the CAT out. my question is what else can i do to get more power out the engine without changing the engine or adding turbo?since i added theintake my car seem like it gained30 hp,i mean i love my car and until i can afford an GSR engine i might as well use what i have

[IMG]local://upfiles/21867/5A218C4D9E574A5AA15E329CFAFF28FB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Unleashing the Hatchback

get a ex/si intake manifold and a dc header

Old 06-11-2007, 05:41 AM

i ws wondering does the spark plug and little crap like that matter?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

Yes they matter depending on what condition they are in now. But, new ones arent going to throw on horsepower gains just like that.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:06 PM

i know but i just want to do all the lil things to help

Old 06-11-2007, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

you have a LOT to learn, before you start wasting your money on things like that, paint your hood and bumper/lip first. unless you plan on turboing, don't buy any crap for the motor, the d16y7 is the bastard child of the d series. and i guess your butt dyno is all out of wack, because that intake prolly gave you about a couple horsepower at max, which you won't be able to feel.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM

depends what your trying to spend

Old 06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

you have a LOT to learn, before you start wasting your money on things like that, paint your hood and bumper/lip first. unless you plan on turboing, don't buy any crap for the motor, the d16y7 is the bastard child of the d series. and i guess your butt dyno is all out of wack, because that intake prolly gave you about a couple horsepower at max, which you won't be able to feel.
Actually, to be fair the y5 is the bastard child of the D's. That's why I love it lol.

I'd say check out the y8 manifold port matched to a 60mm throttle body. Also check out different cams for your car. I think Bisimoto or jg one of those companies have a cam available for you.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:18 PM

yeah i know i have to pait the hood and bumper/lips EJ6 but i want to get an back lip 1st than im goin to paint the whole car white or black. i just took those nasty foglights out and i was able to buy the 96-98 foglight for my car from a friend of mine so the car look much better now. andi know how weak the car used to be and when i put the intake on the car feel much better now. before the intake i used to have really really really bad idle issue and now my car hasnt idle once. and unil i can get and gsr engine in there i just have to use what i have thats why im trying to get the most out of this stock d series with out boosting it

Old 06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: D16Punk

Actually, to be fair the y5 is the bastard child of the D's. That's why I love it lol.

I'd say check out the y8 manifold port matched to a 60mm throttle body. Also check out different cams for your car. I think Bisimoto or jg one of those companies have a cam available for you.
ok, they're both bastardized, but before going threw cams and what-not, i'd recommend a minime before that if you plan on sticking with the y7.

p.s. please don't paint the car a different color, i love that color, trust me, you can make that thing bad *** looking with that color.

Quick Reply: Unleashing the Hatchback