General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Weekend Project. Lots of stuff and pics! UPDATED Valve Cover Pics Bottom of pg. 3!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member
Default Weekend Project. Lots of stuff and pics! UPDATED Valve Cover Pics Bottom of pg. 3!

SCROLL DOWN FOR FURTHER UPDATES

So I have the whole weekend off and am working on my car Friday-Sunday. Here area list of things to be done or that have been done.

Gut the trunk and rear seats, remount amp.-Done
Install Brembo Drilled and slotted rotors on front
Install New ceramic brakepads on front
Install Wek Sos Intake Manifold Heatshield Gasket
Throttle Body coolant Bypass
Clean IACV, Intake Manifold, Intake Ports Etc.
Paint Valve Cover and strut Bar to match wheels
Paint Spark Plug Cover Black
Clean engine Bay
Replace Spark Plugs
Coolant System Flush
Maybe Remove A/C

Here are some Pics, Ill be updating this though the weekend. I might do a DIY on the Intake Manifol gasket.

Before:

After:

(below) After Stripping, before Cleaning

(Below) Cleaned with Amp Mounted. I made a wooden "mount" for the amp and secured it to the seat bracket.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Weekend Project. Lots of stuff and pics!

Looking good!!! I cant wait to see it after you get done. Good luck!

Are you leaving the seats out? Also how are you mounting the amp? Is that just a metal brace with a rubber grommet?

Old 05-04-2007, 04:26 PM

Check out the rims on the mower! Sweet as...lol.

Anyway, looks like someone has been busy! Good to see I'm not the only guy that likes taking things to bits....

How do the rear bench seats come out? I've just bought a new rear bench seat which have been recovered in Tenzo-Rtype cloth to replace my standard one which has a big nasty cigarette burn in it. I'm just not too sure how to take the old ones out??

=chris=

Old 05-04-2007, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

Yea Its pretty much a wood frame that the amp is mounted on then there is a metal bracket securing the wooden frame to the seat bracket with a nut and bolt combo. Best I could think of since I have no money left and didnt want to screw into any metal.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: =chris=
How do the rear bench seats come out? I've just bought a new rear bench seat which have been recovered in Tenzo-Rtype cloth to replace my standard one which has a big nasty cigarette burn in it. I'm just not too sure how to take the old ones out??

=chris=
Fold them down, then on the smaller passenger "half" there is a bracket on each bottom corner with 2 10mm bolts, remove that and that one will pop off. Then for the other it has the same bracket on the far drivers side corner adn then in the middle is connected to the Bracket sticking up by one 12mm bolt I believe. After that look right down in the middle behind the bottom seat adn theres one bolt holding it down undo that and you're good. Its a lot easier than it looks.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

Nice. Just make sure that you post up some pics when you get it done.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

I just edited some pics with the amp mounted into the post. My computer was bein crappy when i did the post and I didnt get them up.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

sweet man, how much weight you think you got out?

Old 05-04-2007, 05:08 PM
HCF Member

Id say about 75 lbs so far. Im hoping I can get the A/C out to but I really have no clue where to start with that. But if I do that should drop another chunk of weight. Im hopin Ill get a noticeable improvement witht eh weight reduction plus the throttle body coolant bypass and IM heatshield. Ive seen a couple dynos where the IM gasket and TB bypass netted 10 whp difference.
Also the reason I stripped my rear is because in about a month ill be getting a bolt in roll cage.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:41 AM
HCF Member

Alright so Im takin a lunch break and decided to do a quick update. So far Ive found out why I had erratic idle and feel like a complete moron. Completed my TB coolant bypass, began draning my coolant, Removed my Valve cover, cleaned my TB and IM ports and decided to save the IM gasket for another day causesome of the boltslike a total biatch to get to.
(below) Yea see that little hose thats nto connected. I forgot to pop it back on once when I was tryin to figure out which hos the seafoam went in. Thats why Ive had erratic idle [:@]

(below) Marked the spark plug wires with glue dots so i get them back in right. Yea I screwed up my last civic because of an incorrect firing orderand it cost me $500, thats not happening again.

Valve cover off

To do the TB coolant bypass you dont have to take the TB off but I already had it off. Basically you want to take the hose coming from the engine block to the TB and connect it to the one going from the TB to the IACV thereforecompletely bypassing the TB.

Before Bypass-you want those two hoses on the left to be connected

ANother before shot showing you where the hosegoing tothe IACV is

I removed the small hose from the connector coming from the Engine with a spare hose i had that was longer than removed the hose from the IACV and connected the new longer hose to the IACV.

Good Ole Dremel with a flapwheel (and a really dirty wheel [:@])

Before Flapwheel

After Flapwheel

More to come later tonight!

Quick Reply: Weekend Project. Lots of stuff and pics! UPDATED Valve Cover Pics Bottom of pg. 3!