General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Well I Got A New Car!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 PM
HCF Member
Default Well I Got A New Car!!!!

Well its new to me. Since the engine blew up in my hatch I figured now was as good a time as any to get a new car. I contemplated fixing the hatch, but when I starting thinking about everything that needed to be fixed as well as the engine, the price tag just kept rising, and got close to what I paid for my new car. So I eventually came to grips that it was not really worth the money to fix the hatch. but now I got a new car and a completely blank canvas to works on.

I got the car that I have been wanting for a couple of years now. Its a white 2000 EX coupe. It only has 80,000 miles, and I paid $6K. Its not quite a virgin, but this one is pretty prude. the only thing that is done to it is a stereo, short shifter, and the old owner had rims but kept them (they were ugly anyway so I'm glad I got the stockers).

As of now the plan is to swap over the suspension from the hatch to the new car and for now I will probably swap the rims till I have some money. Once I get money i'm going to get some red Rota GT3's, carbon hood, ctr or si grille, si front lip, black headlights, and clear fogs. but thats going to be awhile before I have the money to do that stuff, probably next spring or summer.

there were a couple of problems but all were very minor. Most noticeable was the door handle was jacked up where someone tried to break in, one of the taillights was cracked, the driver side mirror motor did not work, dash illumination level switch did not work, and there were a couple of holes where switches and alarm LEDs were mounted. but I went out to a local junkyard yesterday and found everything I needed to fix everything wrong with the car on one junk car. and the best part is that I only paid $100. So now the only problem is that the cruise control doesn't work, but who really gives a crap.

anyway heres some pics of her:

Name:  1117081601-00.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  70.7 KB

Name:  1117081601-01.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  64.6 KB

Name:  1117081616-00.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  102.6 KB

Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

very clean white civic. sucks that the hatch is messed up. at least the parts from the hatch is interchangeable with the new civic. keep us updated with your new car. and need to update that sig now. btw. what do you plan to do with the hatch, sell, part out, keep?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

The civic is very clean looking, from the pictures I don't see any body damage. Any chances of a turbo d?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
very clean white civic. sucks that the hatch is messed up. at least the parts from the hatch is interchangeable with the new civic. keep us updated with your new car. and need to update that sig now. btw. what do you plan to do with the hatch, sell, part out, keep?
I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with it yet. Right now its just sitting out in the street and we took it off the insurance. I'm not in any rush to do anything with it any time soon, but right now it looks like I will probably just sell it as a body without a running engine and just get what I can out of it.

Originally Posted by jpnolan
The civic is very clean looking, from the pictures I don't see any body damage. Any chances of a turbo d?
Ya theres no body damage at all, its never been wrecked. all there is is a few minor hail dings and some minor scratches that I touched up with some touch up paint yesterday.

and a turbo is definitely a possibility, but again I say that I am broke now that I bought it so its gonna be a while before I buy any more mods for it.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

gotcha, well as soon as you get an idea lets see a project thread, I'vealways had a love for the coupes.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

I'd be interested in parts off the hatch! thats if you part out

Old 11-20-2008, 09:10 AM
HCF Member

she's a beaut... with a nice tail!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

^ btw. those are stock tails for 99-00 civic coupes.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 AM
HCF Member

unfortunately mine is a sedan and my tails aren't as nice. i was looking at various heads, tails and fogs yesterday, and i think im gonna go with a pair of angel eyes similar to yours (haven't decided what style yet). i found a website that sells them with the HID conversion kit for $168 or something like that, but im gonna shop around a lil more. for the fogs im kinda undecided between clears and yellows. with the tails i might do the straight lined red and white, but i did see a website that had halo tails but i didnt get a chance to check them out.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

So I started to swap over my stereo today, but I kinda ran out of time about halfway through. So now I have the head unit and speakers in, but I didn't have time to put all the rear seats and panels back in so now the back half of the car in in pieces, and I don't have any clue when I will have time to put it all back together. Kinda sucks, but at least the stereo sound a ton better, but i'm still missing the bass so it kinda sounds hollow at the moment. but as soon as I get an alarm for it (probably the Viper 5701) I will be getting my amps in so I'll have my full stereo back. Cuz believe me it has sucked without any of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well I Got A New Car!!!!