General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Default What do you think?

I am currently going through a design stage with my 95 civic coupe. Right now...I have a gray interior with basic audio upgrades. Performance wise...all I have is a ZC swap, cold air intake, header back exhaust.

This is what I want to do within the next year...tell me what you think
[ol][*]Replace my entire gray interior with black piece for that year. Have white inserts on the seats and doors. Carbon Fiber Accents. Sparco Racing Seats. Flip screen. Pioneer audio all around. 4 1/2 in the doors and 6 1/2 in rear. two 10 inch subs in the back with 300 watts.[*]Peral White paint job with a Type R front and rear lip and type zero side skirts[*]17x7 Absolute Konige Rims[*]Lowered 1 1/2 inches[*]Air Conditioning[/ol]What do you guys think about this challenge of mine? I'm not going to go into performance upgrades because I want to drop a B18C5 into it within the next two years but well see how that goes.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Default RE: What do you think?

1. sounds good, but please dont paint stuff[:'(]
2. should look sexy
3. the wheels are meh, just think itsto big
4. go a lillower
5. a/c is overrated

just IMO.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:04 PM

I wasn't going to paint it. You can't get that generation civic with black interior. So i'm just going to swap everything out for black.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 PM

i kno that...but whats the white inserts thing? im guessing u mean paint them white...

Old 07-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

AC overrated. LMFAO

call me a p**** then. LMFAO
ya cannt always just drive faster for a cool breeze

i had a crapy SEARS AC system in my 66impala and i removed it..... OMG talk about a KICK in my OWN B@LLS!!!!!!! I HATE IT NOW!!!!!!!! I WISH I NEVER REMOVED IT and sold it

sure you can live without it... O BUT ITS SO HARD when your used to it! LOL

ive seen quite a few nice cars that id love to have BUT they took off the AC for (weight reduction) which i say is bs personaly)
but thats me..... a mid size guy that doesnt wanna loose weight

Old 07-04-2007, 03:39 PM

it all depends on where u live really...my a/c has been acting up on me for the past couple years, barely used it last summer and havnt used it at all this summer. wish it would work right but now im seeing that i really dont need it. even when it hits above 100 inside my car im still fine with just windows down and sunroof proped. probably gena take it out since its just sitting as dead weight for me, luckily STS class allows removal of a/c in part or whole

Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

A/C is overrated?! Try living in Texas or anywhere in the Southwestern U.S. during 'normal' summers. Anybody can be a victim with the weather these days though.

Actually putting A/C into the car will most likely be the toughest part of all of those plans. Lots of extra plumbing and whatnot will be involved. You might consider buying a car with A/C already installed and start there.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM

sounds like a nice little list. I would say go 16's also maybe some nice black rims..

Old 07-04-2007, 09:15 PM
June 2010 ROTM

[ol][*]Replace my entire gray interior with black piece for that year.
I'm almost done doing that myself! Sweet idea.
Have white inserts on the seats and doors.
Hmm, it's your car, so if you want to, go for it. But, I must warn you white gets dirty quickly. I wrapped a panel in white and wish I didn't a month later[:@]
Carbon Fiber Accents.
They look sweet and if you have the $$ go for it.
Sparco Racing Seats.
+20 hp, lol, jk. They'll look sexy
Flip screen.
Cool
Pioneer audio all around. 4 1/2 in the doors and 6 1/2 in rear.
Very nice, athough I prefer alpine over pioneer, but that's just my pref.
two 10 inch subs in the back with 300 watts.
NOOOOO, Just get one 12" Believe me!!!! I started with two 8" in my old Oldsmobile, then two 10", then two 12", and then FINALLY one 12"[*]Pearl White paint job with a Type R front and rear lip and type zero side skirts
Again, if you have the money pearl white looks very nice. I bought my car bone stock, except the previous owner had it painted pearl white. You can only see that it's pearl at night or if you look at it at the right angle during the day. I wish it was more noticeable. Check out my gallery pics to see it pearl.[*]17x7 Absolute Konige Rims
You may or may not like the 17s. I started with stock steelie 14s, then del sol fat five 14s, then 17s, and FINALLY 16s. Everyone that sees my car thinks I have 17s. I think when the car is lowered, the 16s fill in great. Again, check my gallery for reference. One of the pics has the chrome 17s.[*]Lowered 1 1/2 inches
I suggest getting coilovers so you can adjust the height accordingly. I measure the drop by measuring how far from the ground my car is, not how much lower than stock it is. That being said, my front is 5.5" inches from ground. Any lower and car makes pretty sparks.[*]Air Conditioning
I LOVE A/C!!!!! Luckily I have an EX and it was an option! If you want it, get it. [/ol]

Old 07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

AC overrated. LMFAO

call me a p**** then. LMFAO
ya cannt always just drive faster for a cool breeze

i had a crapy SEARS AC system in my 66impala and i removed it..... OMG talk about a KICK in my OWN B@LLS!!!!!!! I HATE IT NOW!!!!!!!! I WISH I NEVER REMOVED IT and sold it

sure you can live without it... O BUT ITS SO HARD when your used to it! LOL

ive seen quite a few nice cars that id love to have BUT they took off the AC for (weight reduction) which i say is bs personaly)
but thats me..... a mid size guy that doesnt wanna loose weight

haha hahahaha hahaha ha

if you have ever liveda summer in texas without a/c you have a new appreciation for A/C. I went last summer without it and never again! it totally sucked and I got it fixed andI will never pull it out.

but anyway, ilike the pearl white for the outside, but IMO dont do white in the inside. its cool to do the whole black thing, as long as you aren't painting anything.
+1 on alpine speakers over pioneers. but the pioneer screens are awesome.
if you get good sparcos they are really comfortable and will look sweet.
as for the rims, don't go any bigger than 16s, I currently have 17s and wish otherwise.

but overall lookin like some good plans

Quick Reply: What do you think?