General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what should i do first?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 01:35 AM
HCF Member
Default what should i do first?

i've finished what i want to do for now preformace wise but havent paid any attention to my ride's visual aspect.
i drive a seafoam green 94 ex 2dr coupe.
i want to eventually put a body kit on it, paint the whole thing forest green, tint the windows and put some good rims on it.
anyway i was wondering what you guys thing i should do first since i can't afford to do them all at once, what order should i do these things in order to keep from lookin like a ricer or just plain tacky.
thanks
-zero

Old 07-23-2006, 10:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: what should i do first?

Did you do any suspension work?? if not then i would do that next

Old 07-23-2006, 11:36 AM

i would get rims first before the suspension work cause u might drop it to low and cant put the rims on tht u want. if tht isnt wht u want or dont have the money thn the tints would b the cheapest to start with.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:21 PM

Personally I think you should do Intake/Header/Exhaust as well; but I would do the rims first like Streetglow said. Then you'll be able to judge what drop is too much.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

what do you guys think of this (konig) for my civic (the one in the sig)?

Old 07-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: StreetGlow_ciVic

i would get rims first before the suspension work cause u might drop it to low and cant put the rims on tht u want. if tht isnt wht u want or dont have the money thn the tints would b the cheapest to start with.

I would only go that route if you plan to slam the car. If you want a performing suspension system, I would go with something that has a mild drop like the TOkico HPK setup. And if you did take that route, you could do it before you got wheels. Personally, I think suspension is the most important mod you can do. Its what showed me the most difference in performance anyway..

....that is, until I get my boost figured out

Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

heh yea i've got a NX system so i'm definintly lovin that but i will go with suspension next

hate to be a pain but do you have a recommended place to pick up the tokico hpk steup and perhaps a price estimate?

Old 07-24-2006, 04:38 PM

Forty wht do u mean by slam the car? just a lil confused by wht u mean

and btw u can just call me james

Old 07-24-2006, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

By slam the car he means having it about 1-1½" off the ground, very very low, to the point where speedbumps are non negociable and you have to find alternate routes

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

^Pretty much what he said. If you stick to a reasonable drop, you won't have to worry about rubbing with proper wheels and tires. However, if you "slam it" or drop it like 2.5"+, THEN and only then should you have to worry about getting wheels first.

As for where to get tokicos, check out our sponsor Speed6Motorsports, they'll get you a quote. They are great to work with and will definitely do everything they can to get you set up.

Quick Reply: what should i do first?