General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what should i do first?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Default what should i do first?

should i do the complete exhaust (header, hi-flow cat, & catback) or front and rear upper strut bars? i'd be happy with either ones... just wanted to know what you guys thought!

Old 04-04-2007, 04:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what should i do first?

I went with more power first I/H/E, but a lot of guys on here say to go with getting better handling first, then add on the extra hp. I would say unless your car's suspension is toast or on the way out, goose up that stuff first. But with just I/H/E your only going to add like 15-30 hp and your car will be able to handle that stock fine.

side note:Honda's cat-converter's are made pretty well, and you might actually loose hp if you swap it with another

Old 04-04-2007, 06:54 PM

im in the same situation but im goin for performance cause from my readings honda does build some of the highest quality parts and they will be able to handle some extra power without a problem. and the reason you would lose power through a after market cat probably because you do need to keep some back preasure.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

Regardless of how much power you are adding, it is useless unless you can get it to the road and keep it there. Also if you cannot control your caar first and foremost then it is not fun to drive.

That is why we all say do the suspension and brakes first, then up the power. Besides, I promise you that you will have more fun with the same HP you have no if you beef up your suspension and brakes. You will be able to brake harder, turn faster, and have an all around more fun car. Then when you do up the HP you will be able to control it better and not wrap yourself around a tree. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Good luck.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 PM

i was leaning towards the suspension... what should i do with the brakes? larger rotors/4 piston calipers?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 PM
June 2010 ROTM

I would beef up the suspension before adding power. And go with a whole set of strut and tie bars. They're cheaper all together.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

I wish i had done my suspension first...

Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

why front and rear upper strut bars???

do you have coilover suspension? if not, i'd spend money on that first instead of strut bars.

and if you do have coilover suspension, i'd then opt to spend money on a thicker rear sway bar because it'll flatten out your cornering.

the strut bars reduce chassis flex, which helps handling, but not as much as the first two options.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

^^^ +1, you will notice the sway bar MUCH more than the strut bars.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:27 PM

u can buy all three at one from neuspeed as a package thats what i did a worth every penny

Quick Reply: what should i do first?