General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What should i get with 80 bucks..? ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Default What should i get with 80 bucks..? ebay?

I can pretty much install whatever.. i got like 80 bucks to do whatever

i was thinkin maybe ebay drop springs?? front lip? rear lip?
im pretty much prepping my car right now.. well this winter hopefully.. (need some body work)
or should i just save up like 900 bucks and get body work/ paint done?

Old 11-25-2007, 07:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What should i get with 80 bucks..? ebay?

save up money, don't just spend money just because you have some. Save it for something better.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

get a fancy air freshener orrrr some rad stickers y0... super horsepower adders for $80

Old 11-25-2007, 08:06 PM

Baker really thats not cool.

Save your money, and if you do spend it avoid ebay. To many scams and crap parts.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

Save up and wait till you can get some good parts that will really make the car more fun to drive. And dont just get a cheap cat-back or something. After a bit it will fall apart.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

i thought it was pretty cool

Old 11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: baker

i thought it was pretty cool
Seriously, don't be an ***. Just don't. Its not cute, and your not cool or funny.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

well, ask yourself if thatsmore important or not to get some body work or a paint job done. If you wont be happy unless that gets done, then save up.

What I do is I have a savings acount just for car stuff that I dish whatever I can into each month. (my goal is to swap in a b18c) Then I can still buy little nit nacks here and there but still have money saved. Like one option you could do is get a cheap strut bar set off ebay for something like $60 dollars(they work good read the reviews in the review section if your skepticle). Then bank $20 of it. Or spend $20 on somethingbank the rest. Whatevers in your budget and goals. Make a wishlist and prioritize which you need or really want on the top of the list in order. Organized thought is the best thought.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

e-bay does sell good quality BRAND parts and also very cheap crap... You just have to know who you are dealing with. Look at there feedbacks and you can check also what products they sold lately.
But buy quality stuff. If you don't have the cash save it until you can get better parts. Don just throw away your money on fake parts. If you get quality parts I guarantee you will only buy those parts ONCE, If you want to be cheap you will be spending more money because cheap stuff goes bad..

Old 11-25-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

80 dollars for lowering springs? Oh my... I just wouldn't feel safe.

Save your money man. Research while you save and get quality products. I messed up my first civic so badly by not knowing what I was doing. I think if I ever get another Civic it will be exactly how I want it, but as for now I'm stoaked about how my car is turning out. Although, If I wreck this Civic, I'm going RWD.

Especially don't cheap out when it comes to your safety. 80 dollar drop kit - NO.

You can get a Skunk2 short shifter for about 100 shipped on ebay. Great little mod and easy to install.

Quick Reply: What should i get with 80 bucks..? ebay?