General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What should I offer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well just leave the guy a message telling him if hes sold it no problem you got another car to buy even cheaper. and if he hasnt be better call you ASAP before you buy the other vehicle. or call you either way ASAP. or hell just pop up over there and leave a note on the door!

Old 10-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

well I'm now thinking if I don't hear from him by wednesday, I might just start buying parts for the mustang... I've kind of wanted to mod it for a while, and what's the point of paying to insure two cars while in college?

Here's the updated list of parts I'm getting for it ($1900 right now, but I'm waiting to get emails for discount codes for 2 of the sites... I should be saving a good $100 or so):

-SCT Tuner
-MAC off-road h-pipe
-Summit Racing dual exhaust (glad I have that gt rear bumper with dual cutouts lol)
-American Muscle short-throw shifter
-projector headlights (black, I'll probably smoke them too... not a huge fan of projectors on mustangs)
-HID conversion (hence the projectors... if I'm going to do it, I might as well do it right)
-Ford T-lock limited slip differential (since I'm going to be driving the stang in the winter... might as well get traction with both wheels lol)
-4.10 final drive gear... it'll hurt my top speed and fuel economy (well, I'll lose 2-3mpg), but the 0-60 is going to be dropped by a good bit (considering the stock gearing is 3.27)
-Corbeau seat brackets... My passenger seat is hitting the door panel, and I hate the power seat rack on the driver's side... it sits too high and too close to the wheel for my comfort... on it's lowest/farthest back settings, too.

-also, in the spring, I'm cutting about a coil and a half off the stock springs. B***h if you want, I've done my research; cutting the springs (if done correctly) is a perfectly legitimate way of lowering the 94-04 mustangs, and it actually gives it a better springrate than most aftermarket springs (and a coil and a half should be about 1.5-2" drop; enough to eliminate wheel gap, but not tuck tire)

After I get all this, I'm guessing at 190-200whp minimum. I believe the v6's put down around 170 stock; the tuner (with a high-performance 91 octane tune) usually adds around 12whp on a stock engine, and those are tested numbers, not manufacturer ads. Add in the AEM filter (I'll probably modify it to be a fender-mount CAI), off-road h-pipe, and duals, and I'm thinking 200 is a realistic number (but also keep in mind I'll be running 91 octane due to the ignition timing change from the high-performance tune... extra power ain't free) Also, the HIDs will be nice, and the thing is going to fly from 0-60 compared to the comatose 7 seconds it takes now lol. Eventually, I want to get an aluminum driveshaft (even faster 0-60 and more power to the wheels ) and some nice wheels, but I'm just going to wait until I find a deal on CL for the wheels. Also, I'm probably going to touch the interior a little; rear-seat delete (with the Tenzo seats, there basically isn't a rear seat anyway), pioneer head unit, etc. Eventually I'd like to get an m112 supercharger kit (the m112 is the blower that comes stock on the 03/04 cobras), but the kit is almost $3k, and if I had $3k, I'd spend it on an Air Ride suspension kit anyway lol

Last edited by reaper2022; 10-12-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Okay, I've decided that if Mark doesn't call me tomorrow, I'm not going to even bother with the civic... and if he does call me, I'm not paying more than $1200.

And I've figured out my budget; $1750 for everything up there ^ (compared to over $1900 retail). It's good to be a member of Mustang Forums (7% discount on one site and a 10% discount from the other) ... I might just get a mach 1 chin spoiler and grille delete (another $140)... also, I just got a $250 refund check from canceling my bike insurance... yay for more money!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i wouldnt wait so long for a beater civic... his insurance probably looked at his car and didnt pay for his extra toys so he is probably yanken them.

just forget about that civic completly or only offer 1K his he took so dam long!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Super Cereal Admin

yeah, I'm pretty much set on modding the mustang... the only problem now is I've been informed of a powerdyne supercharger kit on sale on another forum for $1800 shipped; it includes everything (wideband, guages, and chip included) short of spark plugs and a fuel pump. I really want to supercharge the thing (especially for $1800), but then I wouldn't be able to afford everything else (gears/lsd, exhaust, etc)... I hate conflict lol

Old 10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

Mod the stang. Speacially with that super charger.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

just go ahead and super charge the sucker... screw the civic guy. that thing looked to messed up anyways.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I know I'm going to get criticized, but I'm about 95% sure I'm not going to get the supercharger. I actually do have a few reasons for it, though... First, my first list is a good bit more well-rounded, and overall I'll accomplish more with it, and also because I'm thinking about stroking it to a 4.2l and doing an m112 supercharger conversion (the m112 is the blower that comes stock on the svt cobra)... there's a guy over on Mustang Forums making something like 600hp with an m112 on a v6 (obviously his car is heavily modified, but it goes to show the potential of the m112). But I really want the h-piped duals and the 4.10 final drive... with the 4.10 and limited-slip, I'll have to be careful not to touch the gas around a turn when it's wet out... which is always fun

Also, HID projectors are effing sweet, and I really want my seats to sit right... in other words, I'm thinking my original parts list probably suits my current goals better

Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Super Cereal Admin

bump.... ordered the h-pipe, duals, chin spoiler/grille delete, HID projectors and gears/lsd today... I'll order the tuner, seat brackets, short shifter, and mustang lettering tomorrow

Too bad I'll be broke after this lol

Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Stinky Administrator

sounds like a solid plan and who makes the American Muscle short-throw shifter? ive never heard of them of course ive been out of mustangs for 7 years now.

Quick Reply: What should I offer?